Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Plugin is not saving location

Home Forums Bug Reports Plugin is not saving location

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kyxygiwido 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ipride
    Participant

Hi

When I try to save location, I get the massage “there was a problem saving location”. I get this no mater what user i use.

I use the sweetdate theme and I have tried with all the free add ones, but no combination of add-ons work.

What can it be?

Another thing is, that it could be cool if the users could “tag/title” the location and other users then can check-in on the same location, like we see it in facebook 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

When I try to save location, I get the massage “there was a problem saving location”. I get this no mater what user i use.

That usually indicates that either GEO my WP members’s database table was not created or maybe a JavaScript error on that page.

First thing to check is if the database table was created. If you have access to the site’s database look for the table ‘wppl_friends_locator’. If the table is not there or if you don’t have access to the database try deactivating the Members Locator add-on ( admin -> Geo my WP -> add-on ) then activated it again. That should create the table if not already exists.

Let me know if that helps.

ipride
    Participant

Hi

I have checked the phpmyadmin and the table is there… Then it has to be a JavaScript error. How do I check that and I have tried only with my theme installed and it still is not working. And it’s the kleo sweet date theme.

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Well, it could be a JavaScript error but also a conflict with another plugin ( I forgot to mention ).

How do I check that and I have tried only with my theme installed and it still is not working.

Do you mean that you have disabled all other plugins?

can you provide a link to the live page with the Location tab?

ipride
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thank you, but I don’t see any JavaScript errors.

1) Have you tried deactivating all the other plugins to see if it is a conflict?

2) Do you have any security plugin installed?

3) Do you have any redirection plugin installed?

ipride
    Participant

Hi

There was a massage in my admin panel that the tablet needed to be updated. And after that it worked :))

Is there a way to make more fields to the address locator so members can write what thy do or what there is at this location for example gym, home, work mc Donald’s etc. 🙂

Thanks

Arik

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Arik,

There was a massage in my admin panel that the tablet needed to be updated. And after that it worked :))

perfect, I am glad it is working :).

Is there a way to make more fields to the address locator so members can write what thy do or what there is at this location for example gym, home, work mc Donald’s etc. 🙂

Not at the moment, at least not without custom writing the feature. However, GEO my WP 3.0 which is under development will have a different database structure and a brand new location system which allows adding location meta. So it should be possible with Geo my WP 3.0.

kyxygiwido
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.