Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

problem after update + buddypress profile problem

Home Forums Beta Testing problem after update + buddypress profile problem

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

benmess
    Participant

Hi,
    i have two problems.

The first came directly after the update, the xprofile field in the search form are not vertical anymore. I tried to deactivate and active it again. But it doesn’t change anything, it stays horizontal.

The second problem existed already before the update:
    I have a xprofile field where users have to put their adresses. I use this field in the geo my wp plugin. The users in buddypress can change or edit their location in the profile tab but there is also a location tab. Only the location in the location tab is found in the search results. If the user is changing the location in the profile tab, it will not change the adress in the location tab. Is it a bug or how is it possible to connect both together?

Thanks a lot!
    Ben

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Ben,
    1) Can you post a link to the search form so I could see the profile fields?

2) Are you using the plugin “BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type” ? or any other plugin that manages Buddypress Xprofile fields?

benmess
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

1) problem disappeared! I dont know why but i now everything is again vertical! So its fine.

2) Yes i’m using BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Awesome.
    I already know where the issue is and been working on a fix. I will upload a new update by tomorrow.

benmess
    Participant

thank now this works too!

but i had a problem with the update of GMW Add-on – Xprofile Fields:

An error occurred while updating GMW Add-on – Xprofile Fields: Download failed.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Awesome!
    But, did you solve the issue or are you still stuck in maintenance mode?

benmess
    Participant

No, the error still occurs, i cant update the addon. How could i solve this?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Can you try deleting the plugin and then uploading the new version instead of updating it?

benjamin messina
    Participant

do you mean “gmw-xprofile-fields-1-2-1” ?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Yes please, Try doing it manually instead of automatic update.

benjamin messina
    Participant

ok everythings looks fine now, thanks!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.