Forum: Resume Manager Geo-Location

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Resume Manager Geo-Location premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Problem with resume profile and Job Profile

Home Forums Resume Manager Geo-Location Problem with resume profile and Job Profile

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Rebecca Evans
    Participant

I have installed the Resume and Job Geo Locator plugins on my website which is built on the pet sitter theme but when I install them and activate them the map on the resume does not load. If a user updates their resume a map then appears at the top of the resume which is incorrect, can you help please as I have spent alot of time trying to sort this out which is costly and frustrating. I have the most up to date version of the Pet Sitter theme. I tried installing the plugin last week when I did not have the most up to date version and the problem only existed then on resumes and jobs when they were updated and now the map does not show on any resume or job and when resume is updated the system tries to add a map at the top of both job and resume.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Rebecca and thank you for the purchases.

I will do my best to help you solve this ASAP.

I install them and activate them the map on the resume does not load. If a user updates their resume a map then appears at the top of the resume which is incorrect

Did you run the jobs and resumes importer after installing the add-ons? Locations must be imported into the add-on’s custom table in database in order to work properly?

What do you mean by “then appears at the top of the resume which is incorrect”? Where would you like the map to be displayed?

Rebecca Evans
    Participant

The problem is sorted now. The theme developer helped but I have to say the documentation that goes with both plugins resume and job are not written in very good English and the print screens that go with them look to be of older versions as I had different options to what was shown. I think if the English was better I would not have need to spend hours trying to get the plugin to work as it should.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,
    I am aware of the documentation and language issues, and I apologize for that.

At the moment, I am a single developer working on the development, updates, support and GEO my WP site and documentation. So it does get busy sometimes which makes it hard to keep up with everything and to update the docs. Also the fact that English is not my native language doesn’t help :).

I am now looking into improving the experience with the support forum and the documentation ( Possibly to find someone who can help with the site content ) a and I hope to have a solution soon.

Until then please feel free to ask any questions you might have and I will do my best to provide a solution ASAP.

Thank you for your support,

Rebecca Evans
    Participant

Having done lots more testing on the website with this new plugin can you inform me how (what code) I need to implement to default the orderby to distance if someone puts a location in the search field as without adding this there is no order and people are likely to assume once they put in a location it automatically filters by distance.

My resume page is here https://www.localhorsehelp.co.uk/horse-helpers-2/

My job page is here https://www.localhorsehelp.co.uk/help-requests/

Thank you.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Add the below script to the functions.php file of your theme should default the orderby to distance for both Jobs and resumes:

Let me know if that helps.

Rebecca Evans
    Participant

Fitoussi, Could you confirm that this will only take affect if someone actually puts a location into the relevant field? I have a default order that I want to keep unless someone puts a location in the field.

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Yes, the plugin regardless will sort by distance only if address was entered.

Rebecca Evans
    Participant

fabulous thank you, I was just worried it would do something clever and already know where I was located and change the order without putting in a location.

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Rebecca. I am glad I could help.

I am marking this topic resolved. Please feel free to open new support tickets if you have any other questions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.