GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Proximity searching – Buddy press or Profile Builder or both?

Home Forums Support Proximity searching – Buddy press or Profile Builder or both?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rshaules
    Participant

Hi everyone!

New here, and hoping to get some suggestions- I’m taking over an old-school html based directory webpage (www.oztorah.org) and transferring the directory entries to a new WordPress platform.

I’d like to give users the option to enter their suburb (or postcode in Australia) and display other members nearby on a map.

I’ve created my google maps api, but not sure whether I need to be using Buddypress AND the Profile Builder plugins or whether I only need one? I’m wanting to add geolocation to the user profiles but not sure if Buddypress is overkill…

Any suggestions on how to allow users to search for other nearby users on a map using geolocation data would be very helpful.

Thank you!!!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello @rshaules,

GEO my WP core plugin comes with the Members Locator core extension for BuddyPress built-in. Using the Members Locator members can add a location to their profile and using GEO my WP forms builder you can create a Members Locator form that will search and find members based on address, distance, profile fields and more.

If you don’t want to use BuddyPress you can use the Users Locator premium extension, which works very similar to the Members Locator but with WordPress users. Users will be able to add a location to their profile using a Location form provided by the extension, and you can create a Users Locator proximity search form to search and find other users based on address and distance.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Eyal

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.