GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Questions ACF, formidable pro & openstreetmap

Home Forums Support Questions ACF, formidable pro & openstreetmap

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Camellini 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hdcms
    Participant

Hello
    Is the plugin still in development because it seems to me that there is no update for a long time?
    Is there a plan for:
    Integration with formidable pro?
    Compatibility with ACF?
    Openstreetmap provider?
    Regards

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Yes, the plugin is definitely still under development. Development had slowed down in the past year. But I hope to speed it up in 2017.

Is there a plan for:
    Integration with formidable pro?
    Compatibility with ACF?
    Openstreetmap provider?

1) There is already an extension for Formidable ( works with pro as well ); Formidable Geolocation.

2) What kind of integration with ACF are you looking for? What exactly would it do?

3) I haven’t consider Openstreetmap yet. Perhaps, once I catch up with GEO my WP and finish up version 3.0 I will then look into it.

hdcms
    Participant

HI,
    1) 🙂
    2) Google Map Field
    3) 🙂
    Thanks

hdcms
    Participant

Hi,
    2) Google Map Field
    Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI,
    Sorry for missing out your previous reply.

I will definitely look into the integration with ACF plugin. Until then, it might be possible to create such integration using functions provided by GEO my WP.

There is the function:

which can be found in geo-my-wp/plugins/posts/includes/gmw-pt-update-location.php.

This function will geocode and address and save it in GEO my WP custom database table, which will make it searchable via GEO my WP search forms. All you need to do is pass the address and post ID to it.
    So, what can most likely be done is find a hook that fires each time your front-end or back-end form is being submitted, and execute the function mentioned above using this hook. When you do so, you need to retrieve the address that was found via the Google Map Field and pass it, together with the post ID, into that function.

This should be possible to achieve but require PHP and WordPress hooks knowledge.

I hope that helps.

hdcms
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for answering 🙂
    You do good support even if I do not feel well to make this development now
    Regards

Laura Camellini
    Participant

I’ll have a try and let you know asap, thanks for this answer, please let me know if you have any specific documentation about ACF integration or would appreciate me to write some.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.