Forum: Sweet Date Theme Integration

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Sweet Date Theme Integration premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Radius not working?

Home Forums Sweet Date Theme Integration Radius not working?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leah Harold 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Leah Harold
    Participant

Hi – we are very much in testing phase and only have a few test profiles in place, but have noted that the radius set in the Geo My WP settings (500km) is not being applied to Member search results.
    If we search Auckland then we get results, but if we search nearby towns eg Warkworth or Pukekohe, we get no results, but should do with the Auckland listings being within this radius zone.
    Could you please have a look and see if you can figure out what I have done wrong?
    Thanks

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

If we search Auckland then we get results, but if we search nearby towns eg Warkworth or Pukekohe, we get no results, but should do with the Auckland listings being within this radius zone.

Thats because the actual address field of GEO my WP is hidden ( using CSS display:none ) in the page. You need to use the address field provided by GEO my WP Sweet-date add-on to be able to search based on location.

Leah Harold
    Participant

Thanks, this is great.
    A couple of questions…
    1) can we change the “Enter Address…” placeholder to “City or Town”?
    2) Do you know how I can get this field to show on the SweetDate horizontal search form (see home page) instead of the current City/Town field?

Cheers

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

1) You can change the placeholder using the script below ( added to the functions.php file of the theme ):

2) You could maybe do that by editing a plugin’s core file. The plugin features are restricted to the “members” page so maybe by removing this restriction the features will work in the home page as well.

You can try the below:
    1) Open the file geo-my-wp/plugins/sweetdate-geolocation/loader.php

2) Change line 41 which should be

to

3) Save the file and test it.

I am not sure but it might work.

I hope that helps.

Leah Harold
    Participant

Thank you for the change of placeholder.
    Unfortunately the addition of it to the horizontal form on the homepage did not work, but thank your for your assistance.

Cheers
    Leah

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Leah.

I am not sure how the home page search form works so I can’t provide you with a solution at the moment. I will however look into that for a future update.

Leah Harold
    Participant

Hi there – happy if to open another ticket if preferred, but will be same login info as this one…

Is it at all possible to make the list of locations that auto-populate in what was the “Address” field (now City/Town) to only show Cities and Towns?
    Our issue is now, that when someone chooses the country from the dropdown box (which we would like to keep, as this service will only available in these 7 countries), they can still select anywhere in the world from the new City/Town box (e.g. typing Au and both Auckland and Australia show up still after selecting New Zealand as the country). Obviously people can’t find any members that are in both New Zealand and a city based elsewhere, and we are just trying to reduce the amount of possible user error.

If there is a better way to achieve this (and still get radius results), please let me know – I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Leah Harold
    Participant

I opened a new ticket for this

Leah Harold
    Participant

This sorted the homepage horizontal search inclusion issue 🙂

Add fields to search form

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.