Forum: Premium Settings

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Premium Settings premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not a support question]Refine Search

Home Forums Premium Settings Refine Search

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jason Morgan
    Participant

A couple of questions.

1. When I am displaying the count for taxonomy items and I am searching by a location, the count reflects all members of the taxonomy, not just those that match the location requirements. Is it possible for the taxonomy counts to reflect the actual search results? The counts should not include items that are not in the search radius.
    2. When utilizing the taxonomy filter, I need to display the different taxonomy items selected at the top of the search results with a count next to them reflecting the number of items returned for each taxonomy term. The taxonomy terms need to be hyperlinks that when clicked will filter the results page showing only results for that particular taxonomy term. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Jason,

Is it possible for the taxonomy counts to reflect the actual search results?

There probably is a way to do that but as I see it will require some work around. The taxonomy count is part of the WordPress function uses to display the taxonomies so GEO my WP has no control on that. The feature will require a custom script that will count the posts per each taxonomy in the results. Unfortunately, I am not sure myself how to go about that.

The taxonomy terms need to be hyperlinks that when clicked will filter the results page showing only results for that particular taxonomy term. Is this possible?

This, I assume, also possible but will also require a custom function that will display the taxonomies as links. This links should redirect to a URL that will trigger GEO my WP search results based on taxonomies.

Sorry I cannot help much with the above but it will require more than a “simple” functions.php file script .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.