GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Remove from activity, or filter location on save

Home Forums Support Remove from activity, or filter location on save

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

blackpenpress
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the plugin with buddypress. I need to make sure users don’t accidentally post their full addresses. Is there a way to filter the location on save to make sure only the city is recorded? Or at least a hook or to disable the location in both global and member activity?

Cheers

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

There are a few things you can do:

1. You can use the filter ‘gmw_fl_activity_address_fields’ ( in geo-my-wp/plugins/members-locator/includes/gmw-members-locator-activity.php ) to modify the address before it is being saved in the activity update.

2. Use the filter ‘gmw_pre_save_location_data’ or ‘gmw_pre_save_user_location_data’ ( geo-my-wp/includes/class-gmw-location.php ) to modify the location before it is saved in database.

3. Use the Premium Settings extension which allows you to choose which of the members’ address fields to show in the activity update, GEO my WP search results, and the member location tab. It also allows you to include/exclude specific tabs or address fields from the Location form. This way you can limit the address fields that the member can enter.

4. Use the Xprofile Fields extension. This way your members can add or update their location using the member’s profile page instead of the Location tab. So you can create new fields, one for the city and one for the state, and limit the data that your members can enter.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.