Forum: Geo Members Directory

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Members Directory premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Remove full address, part of address or location tab

Home Forums Geo Members Directory Remove full address, part of address or location tab

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Matthew Rea
    Participant

Hi, I have mentioned this previously but I have created a new request because it is causing me some problems on my live site and is now very urgent.

Some of the members do not want their full address showing as a security concern. Is it possible to either:

1. Give the option whether to show the location tab or not at user/member level (This would be perfect but I am guessing this is difficult)
    2. Show only the town/city, county and country from the profile fields I set up (This would be the next best thing)
    3. Remove the address globally completely.

You did get so far with no 2 on the site when it was a test one, but it didn’t quite work and I am not an expert on coding)

Please can you let me know as soon as possible because I am getting chased by my customer.

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Put the script below in the functions.php file of the theme. The script will completely remove the address from the Location tab and from the members search results. That would be the easier solution.

Matthew Rea
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for this, but I tried adding it to the functions.php file in the child them and it removed the map completely but adds the line…

[gmw_single_location item_type=”member” elements=”map” map_height=”300px” map_width=”100%” user_map_icon=”0″]

on the page.

I have put the old functions.php back in for now – am I doing something wrong with the file?

Matt

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

That’s because you don’t have the Single Location add-on activated. This add-on replaces the old [single_member_location] shortcode which is being used to display the map of the Location tab.

You should either activate the Single Location add-on ( it’s a core add-on ) and use the script above or replace the part of the script above:

with

I encourage you to activate and use the Single Location add-on since the older shortcode is deprecated and will be removed in a future update.

Matthew Rea
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks, I have done this now and it’s working but I didn’t realise that it removed the address from the members’ search results too, so I have taken the script back out.

Also, the full address still shows when you click on the pin on the individual member’s location tab.

I think what I really need is to have just the town/city, county (if filled in) and Country showing in member’s location tab, search results, locate pin and anywhere else where it would show up.

The members are able to choose whether to show their house name/number, post code etc. publicly on their extended profile, so if they choose not to I don’t want it to be displayed anywhere else.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your patience, Matt

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Matt,

The members are able to choose whether to show their house name/number, post code etc. publicly on their extended profile, so if they choose not to I don’t want it to be displayed anywhere else.

That is not possible out of the box. It will take some work around to accomplish that. It will require to sync the Profile Fields settings with GEO my WP where ever it outputs the address.

This idea is on my add-ons do to list but it will take a while before I can get into it.

Sorry I can’t help much with this but it will require more than a couple lines of code that I could post in here.

Matthew Rea
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

That’s fine, thanks for letting me know. Another question – is it possible to restrict the zoom on the members’ map and the location map so that visitors can’t go right in on the exact address?

regards, Matt

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,
    Sorry for missing out you last reply on this topic.

is it possible to restrict the zoom on the members’ map and the location map so that visitors can’t go right in on the exact address?

Do you still need help with this?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.