Forum: Sweet Date Theme Integration

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Sweet Date Theme Integration premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Remove location from activity stream

Home Forums Sweet Date Theme Integration Remove location from activity stream

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vinz98 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

vinz98
    Participant

Since the newest update of geomywp I get location updates of not (yet) activated members in my activity stream. I manually activate members since it is a private site with public subscription.
    How do I remove this from my stream? Or, how do I remove updates from gmwp totally from my stream?

vinz98
    Participant

Thanks for your swift response. I would love to get the code. For other users an on/off switch for the activity stream is a feature that will be very handy indeed.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Vinz,

Please open the file geo-my-wp/plugins/friends/includes/gmw-fl-update-location.php and remove ( or marked out ) line 46 which should be:

Save the file and test it.

Let me know if that helps.

vinz98
    Participant

Thanks, I will test it and let you know. Now on holiday in France 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Perfect!
    Enjoy your holiday. I love France 🙂

vinz98
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I tried it but it still displays the location in the stream,

This is my argumented line:

/* $activity_id = gmw_location_record_activity( $args ); */

do_action( ‘gmw_fl_after_location_saved’, $bp->displayed_user->id, $location );

Maybe the next line needs to be included?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

The already recorded data will still show in the activity stream since it is saved in database ( you will need to delete the entries from the database ). However, new activity stream updates should not be recorded after marking out that line. Can you confirm that?

vinz98
    Participant

Yes, I tested a new, unactivated testaccount and it still shows up.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

I just tested it on my site and marked out this line of code and new location updates were not showing in the activity stream ( previous activity updates still showed ). So I suspect that something that you haven’t done properly.

Do you have a caching system or plugin installed? If so, Have you tried clearing it after modifying the file?

Also, are you updating the members Location via the Location tab?

vinz98
    Participant

My Bad, I am sorry! I missed one asterisk…

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.