Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Restrict Autocomplete

Home Forums Bug Reports Restrict Autocomplete

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  misiman 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

misiman
    Participant

I have found some instructions on how to limit Google Autocomplete results to just cities which is what I need to achieve:

http://rustamagasanov.com/blog/2014/09/04/google-places-limit-autocomplete-results-to-cities-only/

How/Where do I incorporate this into GeoMyWP?

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI,
    with the current version of GEo my WP it is only possible by editing a core file. A better solution using A hook will be available in GEO my WP 3.0.

If you are comfortable with editing a core file I can tell you which file to edit.

misiman
    Participant

Hi,

I am very interested in getting this working – when is GeoMyWP v3.0 being released?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

I don’t have a release data for GEO my WP 3.0 yet. I would like to release the first beta by the end of next month, but I cannot promise since GEO my WP 3.0 is a major update and is mostly rewritten.

misiman
    Participant

Ok,

I am happy to help test the beta version.

In the meantime, could you let me know where/what to edit in the core file.

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Sure,

1) Open the file:
    geo-my-wp/assests/js/googleAddressAutocomplete.js

2) Line 13 which should be

is the line you need to modify based on the tutorial you posted above.
    For example:

3) Save the file and test it.

I will definitely need help testing the beta of GEO my WP 3.0. Once it is ready I will email subscribers and write a blog post about it. If you haven’t done so already you can subscribe for email on the home page of GEO my WP at the bottom.

Thanks,

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

misiman
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a beta of GEO my WP version 3 yet?

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

An update,

Since GEO my WP 3.x is now available you can use the script below to limit the address autocomplete results without modifying the core files. Just add the script to the functions.php file of your child theme.

I hope this helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Restrict Autocomplete’ is closed to new replies.