Forum: Sweet Date Theme Integration

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Sweet Date Theme Integration premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Restrict location based on country

Home Forums Sweet Date Theme Integration Restrict location based on country

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GetCustom 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Leah Harold
    Participant

Hi,

This follows on from my previous ticket about setting the radius search…

Is it at all possible to make the list of locations that auto-populate in what was the “Address” field (now City/Town) to only show Cities and Towns?
    Our issue is now, that when someone chooses the country from the dropdown box (which we would like to keep, as this service will only available in these 7 countries), they can still select anywhere in the world from the new City/Town box (e.g. typing Au and both Auckland and Australia show up still after selecting New Zealand as the country). Obviously people can’t find any members that are in both New Zealand and a city based elsewhere, and we are just trying to reduce the amount of possible user error.

If there is a better way to achieve this (and still get radius results), please let me know – I am open to suggestions!

Also – have noticed that when searching “Birmingham” (even if United Kingdom is chosen country), we can only see cities of Birmingham from the US. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Leah,
    Unfortunately I don’t see an easy way to achieve that. Google Does not provide such feature to display the city only. If at all possible, it will need to be “hacked” somehow.

Also – have noticed that when searching “Birmingham” (even if United Kingdom is chosen country), we can only see cities of Birmingham from the US. Is there a way to fix this?

That happens because the add-on does a proximity search based on the address entered in the address field and is not connected to the country field. So when geocoding the address it only geocodes “Birmingham” and shows results based on that and not based on “Birmingham UK”. Unfortunately, I don’t have a simple solution for that. It will also require a custom script that will grad the country value and add it to the address value on form submission.

The simplest thing I can see is to simple remove the country field and let users user the address field to enter the location. They will see suggested results and will most likely choose the correct city and state/country.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

GetCustom
    Participant

The least complex thing I can see is too basic evacuate the nation
    Free Custom Logo Design Company filed and let clients client the deliver field to enter the area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.