Forum: Sweet Date Theme Integration

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Sweet Date Theme Integration premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Feature request]Result of member search based on current location

Home Forums Sweet Date Theme Integration Result of member search based on current location

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  miles 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

miles
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I would like to thank your the excellent work on this plugin!

I notice that me requirement is similar to some threats, eg. https://geomywp.com/forums/topic/searching-posts-based-on-the-users-current-location/

Would you mind I confirm my requirements again addressing below?

1.Auto detect member’s location when they enter member search page.
    2.’Enter address’ can be deleted if above requirement is achieved.
    3.Although the member’s location has been detected, the result will still show all members by default initially (no radius applied described in attached photo) and to allow them changing the radius based on detected location.

Please let me know whether those 3 requirements are feasible. Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Miles and you are welcome.

1. Auto detect member’s location when they enter member search page.

Auto-locator is not available at the moment for Swee-date Members page. It is however in my todo list for a future release.

2.’Enter address’ can be deleted if above requirement is achieved.

Same as the above.

Although the member’s location has been detected, the result will still show all members by default initially (no radius applied described in attached photo) and to allow them changing the radius based on detected location.

That will most likely won’t be the case when the auto-locator feature will be added to the plugin. Usually when location is detected and the address entered in the address field, the form will then be submitted and the results will show based on the address.

Regarding the image, if you don’t want to have the Kilometers dropdown menu you need to set a single radius value ( instead if multiple values comma separated ) in GEO my WP -> Settings -> Sweet-date tab.

I hope that helps.

miles
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for your swift and kindly reply.

I use Xprofile Fields and works perfectly, and it needs the final piece to be integrated.
    It will be very exciting for the update when auto-locator is available to Sweedate.
    Would it be a time frame for the update?

Thanks.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, I don’t have a time frame. The next release would be GEO my WP 3.0. This is a major update that I have been working on for a while and I have been having hard time finishing it because of the complexity of it. And because I have other projects and add-on that I am working on at the same time.

I hope that within a couple of months I will have a first beta of it ready.

miles
    Participant

That is absolutely already, as long as the function had been considered and feasible to be implemented in updated version.

I suggest to change the condition of this thread as ‘Fix in the next release’.
    Thank you 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Miles, I changed it to “Feature Request”. “Fixed in the next release” I mark when bugs have already fixed or a features have already added and just waiting to officially release the new version.

miles
    Participant

Thank you. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.