Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Results per page not working

Home Forums Bug Reports Results per page not working

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Alan Green
    Participant

I have the “Results Per Page” dropdown with “12,24,36” as the options. However, when I select one of those options – the page refreshes but nothing happens i.e. the same amount of results show.

I thought it was because I was using a custom template but I’ve reverted to the default template and it still doesn’t work.

Along with this is it also possible to have an option to “View all results”?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Alan,
    Can you provide a link to the live page with the form?

Along with this is it also possible to have an option to “View all results”?

That can most likely be done using hooks and custom scripts. However, I will add this to my todo list and will try to add it in a future release.

Alan Green
    Participant

As the site is in development I’ve included the link in the Private Content section.

Can you please let me know about the “View all results” as a dropdown option as I really need to implement this.

p.s. Can you please let me know about this post as well https://geomywp.com/forums/topic/different-amount-on-map-to-results/ – I do get a bit confused as to what section of this forum to post things like this in. FAQ’s seems an odd section to post it in to but there doesn’t appear to be a general section – Can you please advise.

Private Content Hidden

Alan Green
    Participant

Hi. Any update on this? Really need to get this working ASAP.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,
    The per-page feature does seem to have an issue when it is being used on page load results rather than on form submission. I will have to look into it and will provide a fix as needed.

Can you please let me know about the “View all results” as a dropdown option as I really need to implement this.

There is not much that I can do about this at the moment. As mentioned above, I will look into this for a future release. Otherwise, If you know PHP and how to use WordPress hooks, you should be able to achieve this using a custom script.

Alan Green
    Participant

Okay, thanks for this. Really need a fix for this ASAP so would really appreciate a quick resolution to this.

Also, can you please respond to this, as previously requested https://geomywp.com/forums/topic/different-amount-on-map-to-results/

Alan Green
    Participant

Can you please, please, please get back to me about the other post.

Alan Green
    Participant

Sorry to continuously hassle about this but can you please get back to me about my 2 questions…

1. I have a page whereby I have a map at the top and then the results below. I have set the default amount of results to show at 12 but what I would like is for all markers to show on the map above and not just the default 12, so really using the map and search separate from each other.

2. I need to get the The per-page feature working when it is being used on page load results rather than on form submission.

Please help. I need to get the site live ASAP but can’t until these are fixed.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Alan,

1) You can create two separate forms, one that will display a map with all the locations at all times and another form that will perform the search and will show the results ( without a map ).

To learn how to create a form that will show a map only take a look at this reply. The reply describe how to create members map, but the same thing should work for posts as well. Than for the search forms and results you can use the current form that you have but only disable it’s map.

2) I apologize, but I haven’t got to look into it yet. I have been dealing with a few urgent issues for the past few days. I will look into it during this week.

Let me know if number 1 works.

Alan Green
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. Much appreciated. I have done what you said but no map is visible.

I have the following set up:

ID 1 (created as a Posts Locator Type) – This is so the results get returned when performing a search from the homepage as originally resolved in this post
    ID 2 (created as a Posts Locator Type) – This is the results that users see when accessding the page directly.
    ID 4 (created as a Posts Locator Type) – This is just the map with all locations visible at all times

I also tried creating the map as a “Posts Global Map” Type but, although the map shows and has all locations visible. There’s a huge space below that map (looks like an invisible map size space)

Alan Green
    Participant

No idea why the code above has come out as it has. I’ve attached it instead.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Alan Green
    Participant

Once again, apologies for hassling but I have to get these two major issues resolved. I am in a race against time to get the site live. Can you please get back to me.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Alan,

Regarding the map; If you are using Posts Global Maps your shortcode should be ( with the proper form ID instead of 4 ):

which will remove the space below the map.

If you want to display a map only using the normal Post Types Locator form, then your shortcodes should be:

Let me know if that fixes the map issue.

I am still working on the per-page issue alone with other bugs fix. I am doing my best releasing it ASAP.

Alan Green
    Participant

Thanks for this. The first code appears to work correctly.

What I find strange with the results per page issue is if I perform a search on the homepage that then links to the results on the search results page, then the results-per-page works correctly. However, if I access the search results page directly and then select a different results-per-page amount, it doesn’t work.

Here’s what codes I have in place:

Home (Search form only):

Search Results (Global map at top of page, Search Results at bottom of page):

Thanks again for your help with this.

Alan Green
    Participant

Again, can you please get back to me about this.

Also, can you give an indication as to how long Support times are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.