Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Search not working when accessing page directly

Home Forums Bug Reports Search not working when accessing page directly

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Alan Green
    Participant

I have a few pages:

Home (Has a search which leads through to the Results page)

[gmw form="1"] (Posts Locator)

Footer Search (Which leads through to the Results page)

[gmw form="5"] (Posts Locator)

Results Page (which has the results from the other two pages, plus has its own search form)

Top of page:
    [gmw form='3'] (Posts Global Map – No relation to search results)

Bottom of page:
    [gmw form='2']
    [gmw search_results='1']
    [gmw search_results='5']

If I access the Results page by doing a search on the Home page or Footer then all works well and when I reach the Results page I can then do another search and it works.

However, if I access the Results page directly and try to do a search it doesn’t work.

I do get an error of “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘map_controls’ of undefined” for “map.min.js:7”

Please help.

Alan Green
    Participant

Can somebody please, please, please reply.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,
    The error indicates on missing arguments in the form data.

Please navigate to the forms editor of the Global Maps with ID 3 and click on the “Save Changes” button to reserve the form settings. Then try the search page again to see if the error is gone and if the search is working.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Alan Green
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Alan Green
    Participant

Hi. I’m still awaiting support on this issue. Please.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

1) In the form editor of form with ID 3, under the “Map” tab, do you have any of the “Map UI Controls” checkboxes checked? If not, can you check one of the checkboxes ( any checkboxes ) and see if it fixes the issue?

2) Regardless if step 1 works or not, please download and installed Global Maps version 2.1 beta. You can download it from Your Account page and manually upload it to your site. This version should fix the map controls JavaScript errors that is happening on your site.

Let me know if that helps.

Alan Green
    Participant

Hi.

1. All MAP UI Controls were checked.

2. I have installed v2.1 and now that map error has gone, I can now search without issues on that page. What was also strange is that the Submit Search button appeared not to work but if I typed something into the search field directly and hit the Return key it did.

Anyway, all is working now. Thanks for your help.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

The submit button did not work because once it is clicked it triggers a JavaScript function which is responsible for the geocoding of the address and the submission of the form. And the Javascript error that he map generated prevented the submit button from working properly.

I am glad it is now working.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.