Forum: F.A.Q

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Shortcode or php for single location module?

Home Forums F.A.Q Shortcode or php for single location module?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Luke Day
    Participant

Hello firstly let me say, what an amazing plugin… Secondly, is it possible to add the single post type location fields using a shortcode / php injection?

basically you can add locations to posts at the moment when you click add post via the back-end and the locations fields / module is present but I’m using a front-end post solution https://codecanyon.net/item/accesspress-anonymous-post-pro/9160446

And i’m hoping it’s possible to add the location fields / module to the front-end post template?

Please tell me this is possible.

Kind regards.
    Luke

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Luke and thank you for the feedback.

There is no shortcode or an easy way to add the location section that you see in the back-end to the front-end. The simplest way to geotag locations from the front-end is to add a text field to the front-end form that will be used as the address field. Then, you need to write a custom script that will geocode the address on form submission and will save the geolocation data in GEO my WP custom table in database.

GEO my WP provides you with a function that will geocode the address and save it in database. You will only need to attached this function to the form submission and to the address field.

The docs and an example of such script can be found here.

I hope that helps.

Luke Day
    Participant

Hey, i decided to go with gravity forms instead. looks like you already have an integration plugin which will do exactly what i require.

Another quick question, is it possible to add custom map markers based on location category?

I have the categories setup like shop, place, beach, gym etc but is it possible to set each one to have it’s own custom map marker?

Regards,
    Luke

Luke Day
    Participant

I see that i need the Premium Settings add-on to accomplish this. You can mark this as resolved and I will purchase the plugin. P.s and chance of a discount code as i need to purchase a couple of add-ons and already paid full price for the xprofile add-on. Also is it possible to customise the style of the map i.e change the colours of the road map. I have a json file which i created with the google maps wizard just not sure how to use it?

Regards,
    Luke

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

1) Yes, the with the Premium Settings add-on you can set a map marker per category, per post type or per post.

2) To add your own map style to GEO my WP search form try the script below ( added to the functions.php file of your theme ):

Let me know if that helps.

Private Content Hidden

Luke Day
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Luke Day
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Luke Day
    Participant

Luke Day
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Luke,
    Sorry for missing out your last reply.

Also for some reason I can’t get my location automatically using the chrome browser… It works fine on edge but when using chrome it just says ‘user denied request for geolocation’ but it never gave me an option to approve or deny

That’s caused by Googles, who recently disabled the geolocation feature on its Chrome browser for non secured pages ( pages without SSL certificate ). That means that now you will need to install SSL certificate on your site if you’d like the geolocation feature to work on your site when viewing it via Chrome browser. Unfortunately, there isn’t any other solution for it at the moment.

I have member’s map set but can’t set it to use avatars?

You should be able to set the Map Icons type in the builder under the Map tab. What choices ( as radio button ) do you see in the “Map Icons” settings ( under the Map tab )?

Luke Day
    Participant

Hey mate, I got it working, it was me being a noob as usual, jumping the gun before checking for all the new settings.

It’s amazing what a little bit of research and documentation can do. I was under pressure to get the website i’m working on launched a.s.a.p so didn’t want to spend hours searching but everything is cool now apart from google making us use https for geo locate… Dicks! Don’t need https for no Pokemon GO or sat nav lol

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

everything is cool now apart from google making us use https for geo locate… Dicks! Don’t need https for no Pokemon GO or sat nav lol

That’s so true 🙂 and this new restriction made by Google got many users seriously upset. Not just GEO my WP’s users, all Google Maps users that don’t have SSL certificate installed.

My only hope is that the other browsers developers don’t follow Google with this restriction.

I am glad however, that you got everything else working.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.