Forum: Global Maps

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Global Maps premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Strange Avatar image on Member Map

Home Forums Global Maps Strange Avatar image on Member Map

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I have a strange image for avatars on the member locator map. I’m not sure what it is. Is this the default “no avatar” image?

Anyone know what this is?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,
    Looks like you set a default avatar to be used when a member did not upload his/her own avatar.

Michael
    Participant

Thank you. Is that a GEO My WP setting? I’ll poke around. Thanks!

Michael
    Participant

OK, figured out it is actually a Gravatar icon, but that is not the “default” icon I selected. Strange. Do you think it is in the Cache anywhere? Any suggestions @Eyal

Thanks!

Michael
    Participant

I think this has to be a GEO My IP issue. If I look at these members profiles, the image is correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

M

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

You most likely have the gravatar set as default in the WordPress Settings page.

Navigate to the dashboard -> Settings -> Discussion and change the default avatar.

Let me know if that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I have the “Mystery Person” selected in the settings -> Discussion page which looks like this like a blank avatar (see attached images), but an avatar with a question mark shows up on the map (see second image). Also, even though this user has a custom avatar associated with their account, Geo My WP is show ing this default. Suggestions?

Thanks,

M

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.