Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

Support 2.2 beta

Home Forums Beta Testing Support 2.2 beta

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nick_koonce 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Attached is the beta of the coming update Support 2.2.
    Below are few of the major changes:
    1) First thing you should notice after the update are the messages to update your database in the admin pages with a button to click when you are ready to update.
    The new version does few things when updating the database:
    1)duplicating the tables that being update in case that something goes wrong
    2) modifying the lat and long columns from varchar to float
    3) for friends locator table it will removed deleted users from the table.
    please backup your database anyway before updating.

2) I redo/improved the whole section of Support in the admin’s new/edit post page.
    3) I changed the way the plugin geocode the address entered in a search form. Now when one submits the form the plugin geocode the address using javascript, which is faster than using curl and html, and when the geocode successful the form is being submitted otherwise the user will get a message that the address wasn’t found.
    4) you can now set the address field to be mandatory ( in the form settings page) in the search forms.
    5) improved the locator button functionality in the search form.
    6) If added a new function called gmw_form_submit_fields($gmw, $subValue); which must be at the end of every search form. if you haven’t edited your search forms or created custom ones you have nothing to worried about. Basically the function populate all the necessary hidden fields of the search forms together with the submit button. the second parameter of the function $subValue is the value of the submit button.
    7)Other bug fixes, Code improvement and clean up, improved queries, and CSS clean up/improvement.

Download Support 2.2 beta

nick_koonce
    Participant

Looks like 2.1.9 to me.

nick_koonce
    Participant

I could not even get the search form to submit using this version.
    Also the get my current location button on the search form would not work for me either.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,
    1) the version marked as 2.1.9 just because i forgot to change the version.
    2)I have modified many functions in that version. Please, re-save your search form and if you are using a custom search form theme make sure to compare the functions in your theme to one of the default ones that comes with this version. I think some of them changed but i cannot remember at the moment.
    Take a look at the new submit function as well.

Thanks! With those hints I got it working!!! =)

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Awesome !! 🙂

deived
    Participant

Pagination is not working for me 🙁
    I have tried the same page and created a results page with shortcode and nothing.
    This is where I’m stuck it’s the only piece of the puzzle I need.

I hit the next or last the browser has:
    http://www.domain.com/?paged=2

Showing 5 Out Of 10 Results Within 50 Mi From Your Location

Can you help me… because this is a great plugin 🙂
    Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi deived,
    Can you please post a link to your search page? You can mark the post as private if you’d like.

deived
    Participant

Eyal the link is
    http://www.mydocpr.com

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

@deived, please try to use the shortcode in any other page than the home page and see if it works.

deived
    Participant

I created a Results Page with the results shortcode & nothing appears.

I’ve put the shortcode in another page and no results…
    Seems to redirect me to home.

What does work is i create a form and have the results on the same page.
    Do I have to upgrade to wordpress 3.7.1

What i think the problem is the script for the pagination, maybe look for some other one because the links on the numbers isn’t the same as the demo. What I’m thinking is to output all the results and have a jquery pagination script take action to replace the pagination included.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Are you using the default permalinks structure? If so you will need to change it to anything else but the default

deived
    Participant

Woooo~!!! That made it work but it can’t be on the same page has to have a results page for this to work.

Thank You 🙂

P.S. Theres a number on top of search… How can i eliminate it without css

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Beta Testing’ is closed to new topics and replies.