Forum: Geo Members Directory

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Members Directory premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Undefined Property on Location Save

Home Forums Geo Members Directory Undefined Property on Location Save

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

When I submit the “Save Location” on the Location tab form, I get the following error:

The $bp object has the displayed_user property at this point, but that property doesn’t have an id property. Changing all $b->displayed_user->id to bp_displayed_user_id() fixes but I don’t want to rely on modified core files.

Since the $bp object doesn’t allow access to displayed user data unless on a profile page, I’m assuming the system doesn’t recognize the Location tab/page as inside the profile. But I have no idea how to prove this.

Any ideas?

WP: 4.4.2
    BP: 2.4.3

Andrew
    Participant

New info!
    It seems to work for administrators, so maybe it’s not a template recognition issue but a user level issue?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,
    That is a weird behavior.

Since the $bp object doesn’t allow access to displayed user data unless on a profile page, I’m assuming the system doesn’t recognize the Location tab/page as inside the profile. But I have no idea how to prove this.

This shouldn’t be the case. All profile page tabs are part of the profile page, so the $bp global should work.

Which theme are you using? Is the location tab placed someplace unusual?in the normal profile page or in a custom location?

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks for following up, Eyal.
    I tracked it down.
    It has something to do with Codekit’s internal server.
    This won’t be an issue when it goes to production so I’m marking it solved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.