Forum: Gravity Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Gravity Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Update map upon page load

Home Forums Gravity Geolocation Update map upon page load

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Tim
    Participant

I am using a Gravity form with the Address and Map geo fields to create posts with a user-defined location included – it works great upon submission with the address updating the map and vice-versa.

I am also using the Post Updates plugin to allow logged in users to edit their posts. The address is not populated when the user edits, it is blank and requires the user to enter it again.

I don’t know if I’m missing an easier way – but I have managed to get around this by using a gravity filter to take the address custom field and populate the Address Geo field. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/spa/iw14fxpov1ic45z/29p0sgch.png – this all works perfectly, however the when the user loads the page to edit the map doesn’t correspond to the populated address (it loads at the default position). Is there a way to make the map recognise the Address field upon page load?

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Tim,
    The map should load the saved location on page load.

Which version of Gravity Forms geolocation are you using? 1.5 or 2.0 beta?

Private Content Hidden

Tim
    Participant

I’m using Version 2.0-beta-8.

Private Content Hidden

Tim
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You should see the private content when you are logged in but I am not sure why you don’t. Anyway, I did ask for the admin access to take a look at the issue. I am going to look at it shortly and see if I find any issues.

I’ll get back to you.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Just tested the form. I believe that you need to save the coordinates of the geocoded address in custom fields. That’s how the plugin is able to pick up the saved coordinates of the post and pass it to the map on the edit page.

Please navigate to the Gravity Form Settings page -> Geolocation tab and under the custom fields settings enter custom fields for the latitude and longitude. Then try to create a new post and edit it and see if that works.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

BTW, I really like your site and I love what you have done with GEO my WP :). Super impressed!

Tim
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Tim
    Participant

Details follow

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Tim
    Participant

Hi Eval,

This looks very promising, but I’ve set it up and I can’t seem to work out how to have the geo fields pre-populate with their content when editing a gravity form on the front-end.

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,
    I apologize for the delay but I never saw your last reply.

Do you still need help with the above?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Update map upon page load’ is closed to new replies.