Forum: Bug Reports

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]User denied the request for geolocation

Home Forums Bug Reports User denied the request for geolocation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  devsterp 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Luke Day
    Participant

Hi, I get the pop saying ‘User denied the request for geolocation’ whenever i try go click the geolocate button or even just visiting the site for the first time in chrome, in edge it asks for permission and after clicking accept it works fine but in chrome it doesn’t give an option…

How can this be fixed?

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Luke,
    Unfortunately, recently Google disabled the geolocation feature in Chrome browser for non-secured pages. That means that you need to installed SSL certificated on your site in order to use the geolocation feature in Google Chrome. There is no other solution for it at the moment.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

devsterp
    Participant

Was there a fix for this? I don’t believe it is SSL related as this site is not using SSL and it works perfectly on there

Bigfreeguide Campsite Directory

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.