Forum: WP Users Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the WP Users Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]User denied the request fr geolocation

Home Forums WP Users Geolocation User denied the request fr geolocation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Randy Kondor
    Participant

I am having issues with my website where users will, by default, not allow a browser to use their current location. In the case of Internet Explorer, some users are not able to access my website when presented with the dialog box “User denied the request for geolocation”.

I am guessing I am not the first person to have this issue. Can you tell me what the work-around is? Is there one?

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Randy,

In the case of Internet Explorer, some users are not able to access my website when presented with the dialog box “User denied the request for geolocation”.

What exactly do you mean by “not able to access my website”? The alert box for the geolocation permission should not effect the functionality of your site in any way. This permission alert box is being generated by the browser and not the plugin itself and there is no way to disable it or control it.

I can see however that the Google API key is missing in your site. You can follow this tutorial on how to create the Google API key. When done, enter it in the Gravity Geolocation Settings page.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.