Forum: F.A.Q

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Where do the translation PO / MO files go?

Home Forums F.A.Q Where do the translation PO / MO files go?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Herve 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Mark Behnken
    Participant

Hi,

Where do I copy the edited PO/MO files for Geo my WP to get it working? I edited in Poedit and copied the GMW-en_US.po and GMW-en_US.mo files to the following locations but it isn’t working.

Locations I tried:

wp-content/languages
    wp-content/languages/plugins
    wp-content/languages/plugins/languages
    wp-content/languages/plugins/geo-my-wp
    wp-content/languages/plugins/geo-my-wp/languages
    wp-content/languages/geo-my-wp/

Thank you,

Mark

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,
    The files should work if you place them in:
    wp-content/languages/plugins/geo-my-wp/languages
    Where the original PO/MO files are.

Can you email me the files so I could give it a try on my test sites?

If so please email it to info@geomywp.com

Thanks,

Mark Behnken
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

For some reason this request was marked resolved but translation files are still not working since I submitted the ticket. Any ideas? Really need this working. I’m using Kleo theme and also tried editing the kleo geo my wp add-on translation files but this didn’t work either.

Thanks,

Mark

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,
    Have you emailed me the files to the email mentioned above?

Mark Behnken
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I emailed them on Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:34 AM PST, however, just re-forwarded that email to you now. I am using a pretty standard setup running on the Kleo theme with the Geo MY WP Add-on and Geo MY WP Xprofile field add-on installed.

Seems the translation files don’t work for the Kleo Geo MY WP add-on either. I’ve copied the edited PO/MO files to the wp-content/languages/plugins/geo-my-wp/languages folder and the wp-content/languages/plugins/gmw-kleo-geolocation/languages folder respectively. This is in my Kleo child theme’s directory.

Best Regards,

Mark

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Thanks Mark,
    I now see both your first email and the one you sent yesterday. Sorry I missed the first one.

I’ve copied the edited PO/MO files to the wp-content/languages/plugins/geo-my-wp/languages folder and the wp-content/languages/plugins/gmw-kleo-geolocation/languages folder respectively. This is in my Kleo child theme’s directory.

Ok, you should place the language files in the “languages” folder of the plugin. Means that it should go in wp-content/plugins/gmw-kleo-geolocation/languages/

have you tried that?

Mark Behnken
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I did try that and it works, however, won’t this method cause the language files to be overridden each time I update the plugin? All other plugins I use including Buddypress had me put the language files in the child theme directory.

Best Regards,

Mark Behnken

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I did try that and it works, however, won’t this method cause the language files to be overridden each time I update the plugin?

Indeed it will. I guess my assumption was that if someone has translation files ready he might want to provide them to me to officially add them to the plugin.

All other plugins I use including Buddypress had me put the language files in the child theme directory.

Unfortunately, This feature is not yet available with GEO my WP. But I will definitely add it to GEO my WP 3.0 which is currently under development. Until then, I suggest that you just add the files to the plugin’s folder. Otherwise, if you’d like me to, I will add the files that you emailed to me to the plugin’s folder so other users might benefit from it.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Mark Behnken
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I will wait for it to be implemented in v3.0. In the meantime I will just overwrite the ones in the plugin folder.

Regards,

Mark

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

OK, perfect.

Motley Web Solutia
    Participant

Do you have a PO/MO file for french?? I want to change Kilometers to Kilomètres,”Order by” in the job search page-filter section by “Trier par”, Anywhere by Partout.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Though I would prefer to have a PO file, I am using What say? for translating some strings, if you can help me with that for temporary solution then too it would be a great help.

Peter Gundel
    Participant

Same problem for me.
    In which file can i translate or change “Kilometers” ans “Order by”?

Herve
    Participant

Hello,

And now in 2018, with “Geo my WP 3.0” where to put ours translations ?

Thanks a lot for this plugin,
    Herve

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.