GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]woocommerce products results page – generates trailing garbage of wp-comments ?

Home Forums Support woocommerce products results page – generates trailing garbage of wp-comments ?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  luissamfire 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gsh2000
    Participant

Eyal hello

New Test Environment:
    woocommerce 3.5.4
    WP 3.5.4
    GEO my WP Version 3.2.0.1
    Storefront Theme

I am GEO’ing and proximity searching on woocommerce products.

All working nice with GEO my WP Version 2.7 – we are on your showcase page (Doktoroo)

Was hoping to upgrade to GEO my WP v3, and doing some testing.

GEO my WP search results “leaking” woocommerce product reviews (WP comments) on trailing post of GEO my WP v3 results list.

Have done lots of testing. This is not occurring on GEO my WP v2.7

Results Page also generating Browser Console Mixed Content (http/https) error for search-results css files… but above issue unrelated.

My test search-form/results-page here (please enter zip code 91356)
    https://tinyurl.com/ya4reu57

All working nice with GEO my WP Version 2.7 – we are on your showcase page (Doktoroo)

תודה
    thanks – GARRY

gsh2000
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

gsh2000
    Participant

Eyal hello again:

I have done further testing.

PHP v7.1.14
    geomywp Version 3.2.0.2

Problem occurs also on standard WP posts, not only Woocommerce products. I have searched all your support forums. I am the only person to experience this issue? Post comments of last post, trail into the results display — of a posts search form.

gsh2000
    Participant

screen shot attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Garry,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

To temporary fix ( until I release a new version ) the issue with the comments, please open the file geo-my-wp/plugins/posts-locator/includes/class-gmw-posts-locator-form.php and just below line 377, which should be:

add the line:

Save the file and test it.

As for the mixed content issue, I am not sure that this is a bug in the plugin. Since the plugin generates the stylesheet path using STYLESHEETPATH/get_stylesheet_directory() function which should have the correct protocol already defined.

I might be wrong and will have a better look at this, but it might also be something in the settings of your site, or maybe in the wp-config file.

Please let me know if the above solves the comments issue.

gsh2000
    Participant

Eyal hi – thanks this wp_reset_postdata() has fixed the problem. 🙂

I’ll debug the mixed content issue. I think I saw some other forum posts regarding ‘broken CSS’, users unaware that Browser won’t load CSS’s due to this issue.

While I have you – I saw other customer/s also requested this. Please add to wish-list for ‘WP Users Geo-location’ add-on: The ability for WP-Admin to set User location (not just User). Will help a lot!

thanks – Garry, Los Angeles / תל אביב

luissamfire
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.