Forum: Geo Job Manager

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Job Manager premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Wrong location being displayed

Home Forums Geo Job Manager Wrong location being displayed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Gilmour 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrew Gilmour
    Participant

Hi,

We are using Jobify, WP Job Manager and GeoMywp.

On the job listing page a user is able enter the location and we have a list of possible towns / locations set just to the UK. However, for this location “Selby” when we publish the job the map is displaying this job in “Selb” which is somewhere in the Czech Republic!

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks

Andrew

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,
    When you enter “Selby” in the address field, the plugin does not know to which Selby you are referring to; the one in Czech Republic or England, and it geocodes the default Selby ( which is the one in Czech Republic ). That’s why you need to be more specific when entering an address by also entering a zipcode, state or country.

However, in the GEO Settings page ( Dashboard -> Job Listing -> Settings -> GEO General Settings tab ) there is the “Google API default region” input box. There you can enter a country code which you’d like the plugin to use as the default country. Enter UK in the input box then try to search again to see if it works.

Let me know if that helps.

Andrew Gilmour
    Participant

Thanks Eyal,

Actually, I have left that box blank but set Autocomplete country restriction to GB and it is now working. When I had GB in both it was making Selby appear in the Czech Republic.

Not sure if this is a bug or deliberate.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome Andrew.

The autocomplete restriction feature should only restrict the address autocomplete results to a specific country and should not effect the geocoded address entered in the address field.

I am not sure which is the proper country code to be used, UK or GB. When I tested it on my site without having a country code, searching for “Selby” got the results near Czech Republic. However, when I entered UK in the settings page it searched for the “Selby” in the UK.

Anyway, I am glad it is working for you now. Maybe the Autocomplete restriction feature effects the default country after all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wrong location being displayed’ is closed to new replies.