Forum: Xprofile Fields

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Xprofile Fields premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Xprofile Address / Location not updating

Home Forums Xprofile Fields Xprofile Address / Location not updating

This topic contains 31 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ngoaihanganh1 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Phill Healey
    Participant

99% of the time when adding/editing a users address on the extended profile from the backend the details save and the ‘Geo my WP Location Status’ metabox typically shows that the address is ok. However, the address isn’t transferred over to the Geo my WP side of things. I can see this by going to the users Map Location tab on the front end where is shows the previous address.

Very very occassionally, the details will be transferred across to Geo my WP and the Map Location tab.

If I go and edit a users address via their profile page / edit profile tab on the front end I 99.99999999999% of the time get a pop-up with the following message;

“We could not verify the address you entered for the following reason: REQUEST_DENIED. Would you like to continue anyway?”

If I click to continue the address is stored in the Map Location side of things, but not always. Sometimes, this alert doesn’t even come up but the address still isnt updated with Geo my WP. Again, the address is always updated fine on the WP/BuddyPress side of things.

Similarly, the map on the location tab doesn’t show. It sometimes shows the loading image, but then disappears and just leaves a grey box where the map should be.

Additionally, if I do a search from the front end map it usually gives an error message stating again that ‘REQUEST_DENIED’. This issues has only started happening in the last week or so.

I really need to get this sorted asap, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phill Healey
    Participant

Any chance that someone could help me addresss this issue today, please?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Phill,

The error message “REQUEST_DENIED” indicates that you need to create a Google Maps API key and enter it in GEO my WP Settings page. Since June of this year Google requires a maps API key in order to use its map services.

Please follow this doc on how to create the proper API key and how to enable the required API services. Then enter the API key in GEO my WP Settings page.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Phill Healey
    Participant

I’m still getting the REQUEST_DENIED message whenever I try to do a search or update a users location.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Phill,
    1) Have you created the API key and entered it in GEO my WP Settings page?

2) Do you have another mapping plugin installed on your site?

3) Can you provide a link to the live site?

Thanks,

Phill Healey
    Participant

Hi,
    In response to your questions:

1) Yes
    2) No
    3) http://themakers.directory

I can now get the map to do a search without it throwing up an error, however addresses added to a users xprofile still don’t update on the mapping side of things. Also, the browsers request to detect the visitors location fails with: ‘Geocoder failed due to: REQUEST_DENIED’.

My client really needs to get this site in full working order, so any prompt help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Phill Healey
    Participant

Phill Healey
    Participant

Phill Healey
    Participant

Hi, Do you have any update on this?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Phill Healey
    Participant

Ok, you have admin access now.

Phill Healey
    Participant

Hi, any update on this?

Thanks.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Phill,

The is a conflict between GEO my WP and Gravity Forms GEO Fields plugins. Both plugins register the Google Maps API but only GEO my WP plugin includes the API key. And what happens is that when Gravity Forms GEO Fields plugin register the Maps API it take over the GEO my WP call and as results no API key is included.

What needs to be done is either update your Gravity Forms GEO Fields plugin to version 2.0 or up which will solve this issue or disable the Map API call that is made by the plugin. However, to disable it you need to edit a code file ( which I can guide you how to ).

Note, if you are going to update the Gravity Forms GEO Fields plugin to the new version, please make sure to read this blog post before you do. Version 2.0 of the plugin is a major upgrade and many things has changed.

You can also check out the new site for Gravity Geolocation plugin and the new docs site.

Let me know if that helps.

Phill Healey
    Participant

Ok thanks for finding the cause. If you could let me know what changes I need to make to the GEO fields plugin I’d appreciate it.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.