Forum: Gravity Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Gravity Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]ZIP in text/list/repeater fields OR save ZIP to taxonomy for search

Home Forums Gravity Geolocation ZIP in text/list/repeater fields OR save ZIP to taxonomy for search

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lykke Scavenius
    Participant

Hi 🙂

I’m new to the whole GEO location thing, but it looks like you’ve helped a lot of people.

So,
    – Does the person who fills out the form/update their user information have to fill out an entire address to make it possible to find them on JUST zip code?

– I need each user of a specific role, to be found on multiple zip codes, so that the visitor search for their own Zip code and find the users covering this zip, and one user can be found in multiple areas – hope that makes some sense.
    (and the visitor get autocomplete – I know google maps autocompletes on just zip code, it knows the city, that’s what I need, nothing more specific)

– Basically I would love if a user could update their profile and in either a text field that repeats, or a list maybe, could fill out multiple zip codes, – and nothing else – and geolocation could be added from this – and then visitor can find them through autocomplete search area.

– So obviously I figure this is not possible, because the fields requires full address to save the geolocation data, …or that’s what I’m getting from your guides.

– So I’m thinking maybe if that’s not AT ALL possible, perhaps I could add a taxonomy to the user role (already done that), and then from a list field save to the taxonomy, and then visitor can search taxonomies with autocomplete.

But as you can see, I don’t understand the basics of the geolocation fields, the address fields, and how I save the data I need, and if I can do it with just a zip, or if it’s alternatively possible to save the geo data to taxonomies. I have no idea. I draw a blank..
    And in the first place, how do I get it to save the data – I believe I’ve tried, but I just don’t get the basic idea.

Thanks for your time
    Lykke

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Lykke and apologizes for missing out your post.

Does the person who fills out the form/update their user information have to fill out an entire address to make it possible to find them on JUST zip code?

No. Entering city, city and state, zipcode or a full address should work as well.

I need each user of a specific role, to be found on multiple zip codes, so that the visitor search for their own Zip code and find the users covering this zip, and one user can be found in multiple areas – hope that makes some sense.

Are you are referring to searching and finding users using GEO my WP plugin? If so, then it is no possible to geotag one user to multiple locations. At the moment each user can have only one location. Multiple locations is on my to do list for a future update.

Basically I would love if a user could update their profile and in either a text field that repeats, or a list maybe, could fill out multiple zip codes, – and nothing else – and geolocation could be added from this – and then visitor can find them through autocomplete search area.

You can add multiple address fields to a single gravity form and save each location to its own user meta fields. However, as mentioned above, you can only sync a single address to GEO my WP plugin which you can use to search and find users.

So obviously I figure this is not possible, because the fields requires full address to save the geolocation data, …or that’s what I’m getting from your guides.

No, thats not true. See my first reply above.

But as you can see, I don’t understand the basics of the geolocation fields, the address fields, and how I save the data I need, and if I can do it with just a zip, or if it’s alternatively possible to save the geo data to taxonomies. I have no idea. I draw a blank..
    And in the first place, how do I get it to save the data – I believe I’ve tried, but I just don’t get the basic idea.

I need more details like which plugins are you using and what exactly is that you are trying to achieve.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you need additional help with the above, please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ZIP in text/list/repeater fields OR save ZIP to taxonomy for search’ is closed to new replies.