GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Add a second phone field to location post?

Home Forums Support Add a second phone field to location post?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lindsay Sterling 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lindsay Sterling
    Participant

Is it possible to hook into the location custom fields and add a second phone number field? Our locations have a phone number and a second toll-free number, which we would like in separate fields.

I know I could add my own custom field using ACF and then try to pull that into the template and infoWindows, but I’m hoping to be able to use the same address metabox that was created by Geo My Wp, just to keep things organized together on the post editing screen.

Thank you for your help!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Lindsay,

I think you should on hold with this request. GEO my WP 3.0 has new location metas system which will be used for phone, fax, email and so on. v3.0 also has new locations database tables and a brand new Location form. With this new system it will be easier ( but still require custom coding ) to add additional phone number to the Location form, and then display it in the search results. This should not be too complex with v3.0 and I will be happy to help.

I would recommend you to update to v3.0 and give it a try, the only thing is that you are using the Global Maps extension, which is the only extension that is not yet compatible with v3.0. I am done with all the other extensions and I will start working the Global Maps this week.

I can let you know once the Global Maps is ready so you could update to v3.0 and test it. If and once you do so, and everything is working as expected, we can then look into adding the additional phone number to the Location form.

Lindsay Sterling
    Participant

Thanks! Do you have a release date for v3.0? I don’t see it available as an update yet (I’m using 2.7.1).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Add a second phone field to location post?’ is closed to new replies.