Forum: Beta Testing

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Add filters

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

malik benaissa
    Participant

Hi,

I am sorry to ask this but I set up all the settings but I cant figure out how to add “filters” on:

• home: http://joblistingusa.com/
    • job search: http://joblistingusa.com/jobs-map/
    • resume search: http://joblistingusa.com/resumes-map/#s=1

2. How to add as well the “my location” button?

Please let me know if you could help. I didnt find it in the documentation. Do I have to add shortcodes? should it be automated? Please describe.

Rgds,

malik benaissa
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Malik,

To apply the geolocation features to your Jobs pages you need to add the shortcode attribute gjm_use=”2″ to the [jobs] shortcode ( ex. [jobs gjm_use=”2″] ). It is mentioned in the documentation as well as in the GEO settings page in the admin.

When using the “Jobs + map” template files provided by jobify theme you don’t have access to the [jobs] shortcode since it is in the template file itself and not in the content area of the page.

You will need to create a new page and set its template to “default template”. Then in the content are enter the shortcode [jobs gjm_use=”2″]. Then you should see the jobs form with the geolocation features in it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

malik benaissa
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Malik,

1) Looks like with Jobify theme installed the “Jobs” page is using a template file by default. Thats why no matter what you enter in the content area it will not show in the page. You can see the filters in a new page I created .

2) The usage information is in Job Listings -> settings -> GEO Search form tab.

3) It is not possible out of the box. Same as with the Jobs page the home page as well is using a custom template file. You will need to create a custom home page where you will be able to enter the shortcode [jobs gjm_use=”2″].

4) TO have it working with resumes you will need the Resumes Geolocation add-on. And it works pretty much the same like Jobs Geolocation.

5) As describe in one, you need to create a new page with the default template.

6) I might add a video in the future when I get a free moment.

FYI,
    I see that all of your jobs are coming from “Indeed” and indeed jobs are not going to be filtered by location using GEO Job Manager add-on. They are not going to show on the map as well. That is because they are coming using a feed and do not have the required coordinates. Only jobs created in your website will work with GEO Job Manager filters.

malik benaissa
    Participant

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Add filters’ is closed to new replies.