Forum: Gravity Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Gravity Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Allow Checkin

Home Forums Gravity Geolocation Allow Checkin

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  asmiles 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

asmiles
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to figure out the steps for a user to check in to a location. I assume the user creates an account. I would then like a simple form that would have user name, email, goelocation which would show an address of the user (and auto-populated with a business address if the address is the same) then a submit button, so the user has then been recorded at that address when they press the submit button. So if the user is at the correct address “Business A” then the fields are auto-populated and they only need to enter name, email and press the button!

How would I go about that please?

Demo videos (or even some demo Grav Forms that you can download) would be nice to see how to use the plugin in different ways! It would probably save you having to answer a lot of questions like mine.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Asmiles,

Using Gravity Forms and Gravity Geolocation add-on ( and User Registration add-on ) you can create a form which allows users to add an address that can be saved in user meta on form submission. Then, if you create a form that can update user, you can auto-populate the address fields that were saved in the user meta of the specific user that is updating the form. So locations can be recorded per user meta ( or custom fields when creating posts ) but not globally for the site. That means that if user A recorded a specific location then user B is in the same location, the data of user A won’t be auto-populated for user B. I am not sure if that’s what you are looking to do.

Regardless the above, to add an address field to the form and enable geolocation you should follow the steps below:

1) Add Geocoder Field to the form.

2) In the Geocoder Field options:
    A. Check the “Enable Page Locator” checkbox.
    B. Click the “Show fields” link in the “Meta Fields Setup” to see the list of user meta. There you can save each of the geolocation fields in its own user meta field.

3) Add an Address field to the form.

4) In the Address field options, choose the Geocoder ID of the geocoder field you create in step 1, from the “Geocoder ID” dropdown menu.

Thats it.

This way you can have an address field that can be geocoded and the geolocation data can be saved in user meta. The plugin will also try to auto-detect the use’s current location when he first visits the site.

Let me know if that helps.

Demo videos (or even some demo Grav Forms that you can download) would be nice to see how to use the plugin in different ways! It would probably save you having to answer a lot of questions like mine.

I do hope to get some demo video in the near future. I just done working on the new site of the plugin and the new documentation site ( which I am still working on ).

asmiles
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.