Forum: Formidable Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Formidable Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Bug when using Formidable + Kleo Geo Location

Home Forums Formidable Geolocation Bug when using Formidable + Kleo Geo Location

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dlx
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

when using the Add-Ons Formidable and Kleo Geo Location together the maps api does not work any more. First I thought this would be caused by the Premium Settings Add-On but now I found out it´s the Formidable Add-On.

When Formidable Add-On is active I get this errors:
    Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys
    Google Maps API warning: InvalidKey https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#invalid-key

In the HTML I see the country & language codes are not set correctly – although I set them in the settings:
    //maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?libraries=places&region=us&language=en&key

When I deactivate the Formidable Add-On the API errors disappear and the HTML looks like this:
    https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?libraries=places&key=AIzabcdefghIxvd7Pggxrc8&region=DE&language=de&sansor=false

Do you have a solution for this, please?

Best regards,
    Jan

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,
    You should enter your Google Maps API key in Formidable Settings page as well. There is a text input box for the API key.

Let me know if that helps.

dlx
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

ok, I found the API key in the Formidable Settings page and entered it. The error is gone but the language & country settings of the Formidable Add-On are overwriting the Kleo settings.

I looked in the code of formidable-geolocation.php:
    In the lines 154 and 155 the language & country settings are set.

‘region’ => ‘us’,
    ‘language’ => ‘en’,

I edited them and now the Kleo search works again (displays correct language). I tested this several times so I can say the hard coded language & country settings of the Formidable Add-On overwrite the Kleo settings.

I think it would be perfect if you could add settings for language & country in Formidable as well.

Best regards,
    Jan

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,
    Yes, I had a feeling that Formidable Geolocation add-on overrides the GEO my WP API settings. I will soon release an update for Formidable Geolocation with the ability to set the country and language code.

Thank you for reporting back the results.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.