Forum: Feature Requests

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Feature Requests premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

Bulk upload

Home Forums Feature Requests Bulk upload

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kyle Rollins 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Joseph Barrett
    Participant

Do you know if any bulk uploaders work with this plugin? That would be super helpful if you knew one that worked or a way to directly add to the DB thats would help. REally any info would help.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Joseph,
    Assuming that the files that you want to import contains the location information of each post ( coordinates and address information ) there is a way to do it.

1) You will first need to import the locations to your site using any of the import plugins out there. The plugin will need to create a post for each of the locations and you will need to map each of the location components to its own custom field ( I just assume that WordPress importers will do so ).

2) Use the Tools page of GEO my WP to add each of the locations imported above to the custom table of GEO my WP.
    go to Dashboard -> GEO my WP -> Tools -> Post Types Location tab -> Import Posts Types Locations Using Custom post_meta section.
    You will need to set the custom fields where you saved the location components and click import.

m1k3kdot
    Participant

Do you need the coordinates or will the address work by itself?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

@mike,
    You must have coordinates. Without coordinates you will need to have an additional script that will geocode the address before saving it to database.

m1k3kdot
    Participant

I’ve tried everything to get the importer to work. I’ve got 500 locations with lat/long and can’t get anything to work. I am able to import the data to WordPress CPT I have set for this plugin. I can’t map any of the data however. It doesn’t allow me to map any lat/long or any of the other data needed. Any help or ideas is appreciated.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hey Mike,
    1) Which importer did you use to import the data to custom fields?

2) “I can’t map any of the data however. It doesn’t allow me to map any lat/long or any of the other data needed”
    – Do you mean the importer plugin will not allow you to map the location data to custom fields or you did map the data to custom field but GEO my WP importer will not import these fields to its database table?

m1k3kdot
    Participant

Eyal, I managed to import the data to my CPT using a 3rd party importer. I have almost all of the fields I’d like imported. I can’t figure out what to use to let Geo My WP know that the lat/long fields, the address, etc are in that CPT and have Geo My WP work properly.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

go to Dashboard -> GEO my WP -> Tools -> Post Types Location tab -> “Import Posts Types Locations Using Custom post_meta” section.
    Click on “Set fields” link to see the list of fields and choose the custom field from the drop down menu of each of the location fields in the list.
    Once set click on import.

There is no need to chose the post type or anything else. GEO my WP will look for all the posts that have the custom fields that you set and add them to its custom table in database.

Let me know if that works

m1k3kdot
    Participant

No, it doesn’t work. Maybe it’s me. I imported to a CPT and some of the data is there but not all is visible.

I want to import the address, lat/long and the title and content. Then i just want to be able to have the lat/long filled in and active so I don’t have to regenerate 500 entries.

m1k3kdot
    Participant

Your private reply never emailed me and I can’t see it here on the support forum

Private Content Hidden

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You can’t see it since the original author of the topic is Joseph Barrett. So private messages are between him and an admin.
    I emailed you the reply to the email you have on the account.

Joseph Barrett
    Participant

Is there any more documentation on this besides this thread and the “tools” section?

Click on “Set fields” link to see the list of fields and choose the custom field from the drop down menu of each of the location fields in the list.Once set click on import.
    There is no need to chose the post type or anything else. GEO my WP will look for all the posts that have the custom fields that you set and add them to its custom table in database.
    I am torn on which is the right custom field to pick. For instance latitude and longitude so it will</span></span>

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

@Josepth,
    There are no documentation at the moment. But when running the importer it does everything for you; it set the post type, post ID and all the location fields in the database.

The custom fields you need to choose are depend on the plugin or and custom function you importing from.

Joseph Barrett
    Participant

Hey Mike, would you mind giving a rundown of your process to make this work?

Joseph Barrett
    Participant

1) Create custom fields for lat as lat_upload
    2) set up importer plugin and csv files
    3) Set custom fields in “Import Posts Types Locations Using Custom post_meta” > latitude as lat_upload
    4) Import via plugin “simple csv importer”
    5) the CPT custom fields are filled in at the bottom of the post, but the GEO lat and long are NOT filled in.

Can anyone help with why the custom fields are imported from the spread sheet but the custom field data is not added to the GEOMYWP lat and long fields above it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.