Forum: Xprofile Fields

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Xprofile Fields premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Change the order of Xprofile Fields on the search from?

Home Forums Xprofile Fields Change the order of Xprofile Fields on the search from?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  R083RT 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jeff Metzger
    Participant

Is there anyway to change the order of the Xprofile Fields so they display in a custom order VS ordered by ID#? Aside from changing the ID of those fields in the database?

Thanks.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Jeff,
    if you open the file:
    geo-my-wp/plugins/friends/includes/gmw-fl-template-functions.php
    you will see the first function which is

This function responsible for displaying the xprofile fields in the search form.

In line 20 you should see:

This is the loop that displays each of the fields when $total_fields is an array that holds the IDs of the xprofile that being displayed.

You can create a custom array just above the foreach loop and have the fields ID in the order that you want them to be displayed.

Simple array of IDs like:

I will add a filter to the next version of the plugin so it will be possible to do using a custom function instead of directly modifying the core file.

R083RT
    Participant

Hi, I’m also interested in changing the order of Xprofile Fields. Is this post/answer still relevant, or is there a better alternative?

I took a look at the file and line 20 looks different, plus this post mentions “using a custom function” in future version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.