Forum: F.A.Q

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons please use the support forum.

[Resolved]Display a map of all users

Home Forums F.A.Q Display a map of all users

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  johanlinder 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

fabwintle
    Participant

Hi,

I think I am a bit confused – how do I add a map that displays all my users? Without adding a search form?

Thanks

fabwintle
    Participant

Any info?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI,
    1) Create a new ( or edit an existing ) Members Locator form.

2) In the “Page Load Results” tab do the following:

a) check the “Enable Page Load features” checkbox.

b) uncheck the “Display list of results” checkbox.

c) Set “Display map” radio button to “using shortcode”.

d) Set the other settings of the tab as you wish.

3) Navigate to the “Search Form” tab and set the “Search Form Template” dropdown to ” disable search form”.

4) In the page where you want to display the map add the shortcodes:
    [gmw map=”form ID”]
    [gmw form=”form ID”]

Let me know if that helps.

FYI,
    It does say in the “Per Page” feature description of the “Page Load results” that you can set it to -1 if you want to show all results. That doesn’t work at the moment. If you want to show all member just set it to a high number such as 9999.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

@fabwintle,
    Just checking if you got this working and this topic can be marked resolved.

Thanks,

fabwintle
    Participant

THanks Eyal, sorry yes it worked perfectly!!

fabwintle
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

I am having issues – my users aren’t all displaying on my main map (located here: http://www.tourismtribe.com/welcome-back/) however I don’t have any filters.

Could you please take a look? You have been sent an email with the login details for the website. Password needs resetting.

The Map I am talking about it ID 5.

fabwintle
    Participant

Further to my post above Eyal, today I have installed Xprofile Fields – Single Site which allows me to grab the location details on the registration checkout page and pass it to Buddypress (via the PMPro register helper plugin) and then pass it to GeoMyWp.

I noticed though that the existing location info (if users had set it up via the standard ‘location’ tab) isn’t passed to the xprofile fields in BP. How do I do that for the existing users?

I don’t know if it could be a reason the display of the Map ID 5 has stopped working on my welcome-back page (as per initial question above)

Awaiting your assistance.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Fabienne,
    Looking at your site I can see that the members are showing on the map. Did you get that fixed?

BTW,
    I apologize for my delayed replay but once a topic is marked resolved It will be sent to the bottom of the list after the unsolved topics ( on my admin screen ). So many times I will miss replied for resolved topics.

fabwintle
    Participant

Hi Eyal, sorry I thought i had responded.

No it isn’t sorted at all unfortunately, the map is only displaying a few members, as per my initial post (my users aren’t ALL displaying on the map, I should have worded this better).

I’ll create a new topic linking to this one so you see my response.

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve done what you advise.
    The map and the page are showing 20 members max. How can I show 100 or 1000 members please ?
    Regards

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

@Airsideworld,
    In the “Page load results” tab you can set the Per Page feature to as many members as you would like to display.

airsidworld
    Participant

Thanks ! Sorry I should have play a little more longer with settings before posting 😉

airsidworld
    Participant

Hello,
    The map is showing all markers.
    Is there a way to have markers groups on which the user click to zoom (as on the sweetdate member directory map) ?

John Calderon
    Participant

Greetings, I have a map of curriculums, want it to appear a greater number of resumes on the map, when I place more than 45 map collapses

link http://prontotrabajo.com/candidates/

Megan Bruzan
    Participant

I tried all of these settings but don’t have any members coming up on the page? How do I add a location to my members?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Display a map of all users’ is closed to new replies.