Forum: Geo Job Manager

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Job Manager premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]gjm_orderby – appears to be broken

Home Forums Geo Job Manager gjm_orderby – appears to be broken

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Patrik 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Patrik
    Participant

Hello Eyal,

I have this set on the homepage:
    [jobs gjm_use="1" gjm_orderby="title,distance,date" gjm_auto_locator="0" gjm_radius="40"]

When I search for example for “maths” I would expect result would be prioritised based on the keyword in the title. That’s not however what I am seeing. See the attached example. Here the “Teacher of Science” shows up before “Teacher of Maths”.

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards.

Private Content Hidden
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello patrik,
    That is not exactly how the orderby of Jobs Geolocation plugin works. Setting the shortcode attribute the way you did ( gjm_orderby=”title,distance,date” ) only tells the plugin the order that the items will show in the orderby dropdown menu. However, when performing a search and nothing is selected in the dropdown menu ( when is on set to “Order By” ), the plugin will use the orderby that is set in WP Job Manager plugin as the default. And because in your form the orderby menu is hidden and always set on the “order by”, it will order the posts by “Featured”.

What you need to do is set the order by of WP Job Manager plugin to “Title” by adding

to the shortcode. That, I believe, will solve your issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Patrik
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification Eyal. It would be useful to add this shortcode to the documentation page.

I have tried this:

It did not work as expected. None of the premium jobs were shown on top. Could you tell me more about how this is handled?

We have added more products using menu_order with higher than featured priority so maybe these are ignored:

Even if I try just:

I do not get the search results I would expect. I am happy to give you access to our staging environment.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Patrik,

There are two different orderby shortcode attributes.

1) orderby – this shotrcode attribute belongs to WP Job Manager plugin ( not Job Manager Geolocation add-on ) and thats why it does not exists on my documentation page. But it does exist on the WP Job Manager plugin docs. This orderby attribute will accept a single value that will be used as the default orderby of the search results.

2) gjm_orderby – this shortcode attribute provided by Job Manager Geolocation add-on. This attribute enhance the “orderby” feature provided by WP Job Manager plugin and allows you to have multiple values that will be displayed as a dropdown menu in the search form. Now, when performing a search and nothing is selected in the gjm_orderby dropdown menu ( when the “order by” is selected ), then the default ordering of the results will be based on what you entered in the “orderby” ( of WP Job Manager plugin ) shortcode attribute.

I know it confusing but let me know if the explanation above helps.

Patrik
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification Eyal. This makes a lot more sense now.

I have also found this useful discussion on the subject:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sorting-job-listings?replies=20

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.