Forum: Geo Members Directory

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Members Directory premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Having a problem! Please Help!

Home Forums Geo Members Directory Having a problem! Please Help!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lamar
    Participant

I have setup GEO my WP along with the addons of XProfile and Geo Members Directory. I thought this is what I needed to create a page such as this:

http://demo.geomywp.com/buddypress-members-search-form/

But it just is not working out. I’ve also gone into my profile to update my location within my website and I get an error message. Nothing seems to work

Error I’m getting is: Geocode was not successful for the following reason: REQUEST_DENIED

Can someone please contact me to assist as I just want a simple site like the Demo page. Thanks!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Lamar and thank you for the purchase.

1)

Can someone please contact me to assist as I just want a simple site like the Demo page.

To create a search form like the one in the demo page you need to use GEO my WP’s form builder.
    1) Navigate to the admin’s dashboard -> GEO my WP -> Forms.
    2) Create a new Members Locator search form.
    3) Setup the search form, search results and map as you wish.
    4) Use the form’s shortcode in any of your pages to display the form.

2)

Error I’m getting is: Geocode was not successful for the following reason: REQUEST_DENIED

To fix this error you need to create Google Maps API key ( its free ) and enter it in GEO my WP’s settings page.
    Please follow this tutorial to create the proper API key and to enable the required API services.

Let me know if that helps.

Lamar
    Participant

Hello Eyal,

I have followed the directions step-by-step and cannot get the API key to work, now the maps don’t show at all. I am also still unable to create a form that looks even half as presentable as the demo page.

I have attached screenshots. Do you by chance have a template for the demo page? Or a step-by-step guide on how to make a form and map like that? Take a look at my form in attachments, and also no map shows up.

I’m trying the best I can… just need a little more guidance if possible. Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lamar
    Participant

Hello Eyal,

I was able to figure out how to make the form, with the “already included” map and current members displayed at the bottom. So I now have the “template” and form I am looking for.

However, the API Key is now working and is causing me to have the error that is in my attached image “GEO-Error”. I was able to generate a API Key, followed the steps of inputting my url exactly as the format given in the example, and still not working.

I tried disabling all plugins except BuddyPress and of course the extensions and still not working. I’m assuming something is corrupt with the API possibly? Can you please assist. Thank you!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Lamar,

I tried disabling all plugins except BuddyPress and of course the extensions and still not working. I’m assuming something is corrupt with the API possibly?

Yes, this error is related to the API key only, Somethings was not done properly.

Have you enabled the API services after creating the API key? See this reply on how ( and which ) to enable the required API services.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.