GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Hide Buddypress members from search results if box ticked?

Home Forums Support Hide Buddypress members from search results if box ticked?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fadeindigital
    Participant

Hi,
    I love this plugin. Great work.
    I have a question regarding the buddypress member search functionality.
    I want to add a tickbox to the profile form so that if ticked the member does not appear in the search results.
    I would like to add a class to the member so it is hidden if possible (when tickbox is ticked in the user profile).
    Is this possible?
    If not, can you give me some pointers please?
    I am a reasonable coder but don’t particularly want to hack the plugin due to updates etc.
    Thanks.

fadeindigital
    Participant

Any ideas?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

What you described is not possible by default. This does require custom coding and I am afraid that I don’t have a simple solution to provide you with via this forum.

This requires adding the custom checkbox to the user profile page and then modifying the search query of GEO my WP to exclude all users that have this checkbox checked.

I am sorry I can’t help much, but this requires a good amount of coding and debuging.

fadeindigital
    Participant

No problem.
    Okay, is there a simple way of hiding the site admins from he geo search listings?
    Thanks for your help.

fadeindigital
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are very welcome.

And Indeed, leaving the location blank would be the easiest way. Otherwise, it requires custom coding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hide Buddypress members from search results if box ticked?’ is closed to new replies.