Forum: Kleo Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Kleo Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]How to integrate the Buddypress Lotation with address fields during registraon

Home Forums Kleo Geolocation How to integrate the Buddypress Lotation with address fields during registraon

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

everywheresrl
    Participant

Hi, I would like to know if is possible and the best way to integrate the Buddypress Lotation TAB with address fields during registration using Kleo, Buddypress and Paid Membership pro plugins

I would like that user during registration with Paid Membership pro, fill a field (usermeta) that will be copied in the xprofile and user can edit under the Profile tab.
    Thank you, Marco

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Marco,
    Do you mean that users will be abel to enter their location during registration ( that will then show in the Location tab )?

everywheresrl
    Participant

Hi, thank you for answering!

I will use “geo my wp plugin” to save data on location of Medical Institute form doctors will register to my website. Users will register to the website with Paid Membership Pro, they will use a specific form created with pmpro8 Paid Membership Pro) register helper plugin that create usermeta, and the usermeta will be copied into an profile field.

Then I would like that users will find the location map under the Buddypress Profile tab, where the can update it!

Thank you, Marc

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Sabrina,
    Unfortunately, I don’t have a solution for Paid Membership Pro plugin yet. However, to sync between an address field of the registration page and GEO my WP location should not be a complex task with PHP and WordPress knowledge. Basically, a custom function needs to be written. This function needs to be executed on registration form submission which usually will be done using a hook ( assuming that Paid Membership Pro plugin provides such hook ). The function needs “grab” the address entered in the form, geocode it and save it in GEO my WP database table ( wppl_friends_locator ). This will make the member searchable via GEO my WP search forms.

There is a function that can be used to geocoding an address and save it in database. The functions is

And can be found in
    geo-my-wp/includes/geo-my-wp-user-update-location.php

I hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How to integrate the Buddypress Lotation with address fields during registraon’ is closed to new replies.