Forum: Groups Locator

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Groups Locator premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]How to put a search bar for user's location?

Home Forums Groups Locator How to put a search bar for user's location?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kieranmather
    Participant

I am building an wordpress site. And looking for “enter your location” which get me here.

In my landing page I want a search bar, where user can put his/her location and if our service is in that location it will show our items or it will say “we don’t provide service here”.

Reference site: http://box8.in/

Can these plugin be of any kind of help for this target?

If anyone know please share.

Many thanks!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You can definitely create something very similar using GEO my WP.

With GEO my WP you can geotag any of your post types and create a locations database. Then you can create a search from that will search for those locations based on address, distance, categories and more. Then, when the user is searching for locations he will see the results ordered by distance and you can also choose to display the locations on a map.

GEO my WP comes with few search forms and search results template files that you can choose from when creating your search forms. However, to perfectly make it match with your theme you might need to modify the template files and CSS.

With some tweaks you can definitely have something very similar to the site you linked above.

You can find more information about how to setup and start using GEO my WP here.

A simple demo site can be found here.

I hope that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.