Forum: Global Maps

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Global Maps premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Feature request]Listing woocommerce listings by geo location

Home Forums Global Maps Listing woocommerce listings by geo location

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  h3xh3x 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Derek Mkc
    Participant

Hi Eyal

I’ve purchased nearly every GeoMyWP plugin there is, so am now a customer πŸ™‚

I noticed on the WC Vendors page you were working on a way of showing woocommerce listings by location, and perhaps also vendors

Has there been much progress on this? Ideally I could show all products in a users location zone area by category.

WC Vendors has a HUGE number of users so would open a large market for you.

Sad face . . so hard to get the geo to work πŸ™

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Derek and thank you for the kind purchases.

Unfortunately, I haven’t got to work on the WC Vendors integration yet. I have been working on GEO my WP 3.0 for a while now which has been taking most of my development time. Also, Since GEO my WP 3.0 is a major update with a new database structure and new APIs I have decided to hold off with any new development. That’s because all add-ons will need to be update after the release of GEO my WP 3.0.

However, you can still geotag WC products ( since products are post types ) and create a search form to search and find for products base on location.

Derek Mkc
    Participant

Hi Eyal – sorry to ask, I searched so much of your documentation today.

How do I geotag a WC product?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Derke,
    Here you can find information on how to setup the Post Types settings and how to geotag a post. Since WC product are post types it should be the same process.

Derek Mkc
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

If I cant make it work, do you take on paid work to make the plugin and Woo products work?

Once it works I can tell all the poeple i’ve been talking to about and they will flock to you throwing money. It is so so so needed.

DK

Derek Mkc
    Participant

Another update Eyal

So, ive easily gotten the adding of locations to work on each product (hooray).

It’s amazing how it adds that to the custom post input screen for woo products so easily!

But, the WC Vendors screen that vendors use to add products isnt displaying the mapping options your wonderful tool has added.

If there is a direction you can point me in on whether that would be solvable with CSS, or would it need hacking of the Front End product submission, that would rock.

Thank you so much , I feel like I’ve gotten partially there. I know I was kinda expecting a miracle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Derek Mkc
    Participant

Can I ask what the meta keys are that the GeoMyWp uses? I got the answer from WC Vendors and they say

“You probably just need to add the meta keys / values that the geo plugin uses to the Pro Dashboard Settings page or the Add Product form. See the KB for the code for that, and it’s upgrade safe. ? Figuring it out is up to you of course, but it’s certainly a YES! ? Feel free to share any good code that works with it once you are done!”

If I get this to work, your tool will rock

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Derek,
    There is no simple way to bring the GEO my WP’s Location section to the front-end. It will require a lot of hacking/custom coding. GEO my WP 3.0 will have an easier solution for that.

The simplest solution would be to add an address field to the front-end product form ( Assuming that you can add additional fields to the form ). Then you will need to add a custom function that will geocode the address entered on form submission and will save the geocoded data in GEO my WP table in database ( custom table where GEO my WP holds the location information rather than custom fields ). By doing so, the products will be searchable via GEO my WP.

GEO my WP already provide such function that geocodes an address and save it in database. Here, you can read more about the function and see an example of how to use it.

I hope that helps.

Derek Mkc
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Derek,
    GEO my WP 3.0 already has a new “Location Form” class that can be extended and used in the front and back-end. It will be easier to add the location form to the front and back-end but will still require PHP and development knowledge.

GEO my WP 3.0 is a major update and have many major databased and core upgrades so it will take at least a couple more months to have the first beta release.

What would it take/how much would it cost for you to make an addition to the 3 upgrade that makes that change so that WC vendors products screens and/or vendors can log an address that is viewable in GeoMyWp!! very needed

I can’t say since I haven’t got to “play around” much with WC vendors yet. I will only know after I am done with GEO my WP 3.0.

Until then my advice is as the above

The simplest solution would be to add an address field to the front-end product form ( Assuming that you can add additional fields to the form ). Then you will need to add a custom function that will geocode the address entered on form submission and will save the geocoded data in GEO my WP table in database ( custom table where GEO my WP holds the location information rather than custom fields ). By doing so, the products will be searchable via GEO my WP.

Doing this should not be very difficult. Also, because of the major changes in version 3.0, your custom, paid work for a developer might not work after the upgrade.

alechang
    Participant

Hey Derek,

I’m trying to integrate Geo My WP with WC Vendors Pro at the moment as well. And I almost have the same requirements from Geo My Wp & WC Vendors Pro.
    Please kindly contact me through Skype: alec.hang we can work on this together or If you already have a solution… πŸ™‚

Regards
    Alec

Derek Mkc
    Participant

Hi Alec. Im a long way ahead on this now and have some solutions in progress. Ping me on derek@mkc.org.au

h3xh3x
    Participant

Was there any progress here @Derek? I tried emailing you on that address but got no response.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.