GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Location filter

Home Forums Support Location filter

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  obc_will 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

obc_will
    Participant

I have an active SSL, but auto location finder & submit address are not working. When attempting either, the following error pops up
    Geocoder failed due to: REQUEST_DENIED

When attempting to publish an item with location, the location bar is blocked, and the map is gone. Although the address fields can be filled, I don’t think they’re actually being entered through the geo-location.
    When searching for items within an address searched through the filter widget, it refreshes to the default/same page items.
    I’ve added an attachment photo of the product location issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello,

The error message that you see is related to your Google Maps browser API key.

Please see this tutorial to learn how to properly generate and set up your Google Maps browser API key.

Make sure to restrict the key as described in step 8 and to enable all the required API services as described in steps 13 to 18.

I hope this helps.

obc_will
    Participant

I followed the instructions, but got an error when viewing the location filter widget. I tested the server key through Geo My WP tools, and the result was Geocoder success. I made a browser key with my domain restriction app/server key with IP address restriction. All of the listed API’s are enabled. When trying the Auto Location Finder, it’s loading for a while with the arrows twirling. The address search bar has a lot of error marks. I’m also still getting the error on the add product/location end.

Attachments:

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

The errors that you see are related solely to the browser API key.

It is either the set up of the browser key is incorrect, the browser API key is missing in the settings page, or there is some sort of a conflict with another mapping plugin that prevents the API key from loading properly.

To better know what the issue is you should look in the browser’s console for a specific Javascript error message. There is always an error that indicates the exact cause of the issue.

If you have a live front-end page with the map and the error, I am happy to have a look at it and look for the error. I just need a link to this live page.

obc_will
    Participant

I figured out the problem. I had everything done correctly, but failed to add the specific link to the http referrers list. Meaning, I just put the main domain and not the shop page. Is there a way to rearrange/reword the text in the dropdown options? For example if it says All product buy, have it changed to buy products or for sale. Also, I need just one dropdown with each product type option. The set up right now wouldn’t serve the purpose of filtering. I need it to have a default for both product types & 2 separate ones to filter each other out. As shown in my attachment. Thank you for your help.

obc_will
    Participant

Here’s the attachment

Attachments:

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Using the Premium Settings extension you can enter a custom label for each taxonomy dropdown in the search form editor. You can also arrange the order of the dropdowns in the form.

2. I am not sure I understand this request. Do you need to combine both dropdowns into a single dropdown?

obc_will
    Participant

Yes, I need 3 product type options in one drop down. So users can filter them as needed. Example Buy products/Rental products/All (default). Right now, there’s 2 separate dropdowns with both product types. So there’s basically only the option of seeing all product types.

I added the links needed to the browser key/Google API, but the filter is still refreshing to the same product/shop page with all items available (not showing products only within specified distance/area) I put Add Product & Shop/Products page on the list, so the map functions are working. Also added products/product_variations to post types under Page load results/search form. It needs to be able to filter out product types & distance at the same time. I will be purchashing the premium for the customizations. For the taxonomy, it only gives me the option to disable or dropdown. I enabled both product types, but it shows up as 2 separate dropdowns with no options.

Attachments:

obc_will
    Participant

Hi, just checking to see if you saw this reply.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.