GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]location meta addition of new field

Home Forums Support location meta addition of new field

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hemanth
    Participant

how to add new field another than default four dropdown fields in location meta. Or when searching takes place only
    place tags, hours of operation are displayed in results I want new field to be displayed.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

This requires a custom script. And I actually just helped another user with the same request and this was the script I provided to him which should work.

Add these 2 functions to the functions.php file of your child theme ( or wherever you add custom functions ). The functions will generate an additional ‘contact_name’ field. You can modify it or add additional fields the same way.

Let me know if this helps.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Eyal Fitoussi.

tc
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thanks for this snippet – works for me 🙂

I have successfully created 1 additional field using this, how would I add another (when I duplicated the code, the page breaks).

Thanks in advance.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome, @tc.

You can add additional fields by adding additional arrays in the already existing functions above.

So in the first function, you need to add an additional array below the existing one. This is how you can add another field named “another_field”. Just replace the “another_field” with a real field name.

Then in the second function, it would be:

You can keep adding as many fields as you need this way.

let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Eyal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.