Forum: Xprofile Fields

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Xprofile Fields premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Member Locator only searching in Address Field

Home Forums Xprofile Fields Member Locator only searching in Address Field

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Carrie Bishop 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carrie Bishop
    Participant

hi,
    I’m using the free Member Locator add-on. I’m importing users and I have multiple address fields for street address / city/ state/ zip, etc, but for some reason, the member locator search is only showing results if the zip is included in the first address field. Is there any way to have the member locator search all fields designated as address fields?

Thanks!

Carrie Bishop
    Participant

Okay – update. I see what the issue is. The location tagging isn’t working with the imported information unless I go in and click “Update Profile” which triggers the Geo My WP Location status to change to OK. is there a way to get the plugin to recognize imported info without having to update each profile? I am importing 500 users.

Thanks,
    Carrie

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Carrie,

is there a way to get the plugin to recognize imported info without having to update each profile? I am importing 500 users.

Not at the moment unfortunately. It will require a custom script that will trigger the GEO my WP geocoder for each imported location. Basically, a script that needs to geocode each imported address and save the location data in GEO my WP database table. That will make the member searchable.

IF you know PHP and how to use WordPress hooks. And assuming that the imported has the right hooks that can be used, then GEO my WP provides a function that can be used to geocode and save the location data.

Carrie Bishop
    Participant

Thanks, Eyal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.