Forum: Sweet Date Theme Integration

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Sweet Date Theme Integration premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Moving "Address" field with Search Form

Home Forums Sweet Date Theme Integration Moving "Address" field with Search Form

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leah Harold 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Leah Harold
    Participant

Hi – I am using a form to create an advanced search form for my website.
    I would like to use the “Address” field instead of the city/town field to enable the search result to give a radius result (like the main horizontal search form does).

A couple of questions:
    – how can I move this field up to be just under “Country”?
    – why am I getting ‘no members’ results for this form, when I do get results in the horizontal search form?

Thanks!

Private Content Hidden
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Leah Harold
    Participant

Hello – could someone please let me know if you are able to help?
    Resolving this is currently holding up our launch…

Thanks 🙂

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Leah,

how can I move this field up to be just under “Country”

You can move the fields by editing the search-results template file ( results.php ). The template files can be found in geo-my-wp/plugins/friends/search-results/

why am I getting ‘no members’ results for this form, when I do get results in the horizontal search form?

I am not sure why you get no results. It should work since some of your members added locations. It might be a conflict with another plugin.

Try First to edit the form and remove all the xprofile fields from the search form, so it will have only the address field. Then test it again. If you still get no results try deactivating the different plugins that you have installed to see if one of them conflicts with GEO my WP.

Let me know if that helps.

Leah Harold
    Participant

Thanks –

MOVING ADDRESS FIELD
    This seems to be the search results display page that you have directed me to, however I would like to move it within the displayed search form so that members see City/Town (aka Address) as the second field. Country (1st field) and subsequent fields after City/Town are all XProfile fields. Am I able to squeeze this in the middle?

NO MEMBERS RESULTS
    I have tried with all XProfile fields removed, still no search results.
    I also tried with all plugins deactivated except for Buddypress and Xprofile fields, and still get no search results.
    It isn’t really making much sense because the top level search is still giving results perfectly, it is just the “Advanced Search” in the GeoMYWP Form that is showing no results.
    If you are able to offer some more suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.