Forum: Nearby Posts

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Nearby Posts premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Nearby location on mobile device

Home Forums Nearby Posts Nearby location on mobile device

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lochlan Tangas
    Participant

Hi,

Love this plugin.

Whenever you land on our site bardup.com.au on a mobile device, it loads and then you are prompted with ‘http://www.bardup.com.au Would Like To Use Your Current Location”
    When you ‘allow’ the page will reload.

First question, Can this prompt be avoided? I get a number of visors that exit the page as this prompt becomes such a nuisance. I really don’t want to deactivate this plugin as it serves a great purpose especially when accessing the site on a mobile device. Can the page just load the one time and display the nearby location without prompting?

My second question is, and this would be a game changer if it does, Can you display posts on your homepage in order of nearby locations? At the moment, the most recent post displays at the top descending down to the oldest.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Lochlan

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Lochlan,

1)

Can the page just load the one time and display the nearby location without prompting?

That’s not possible. The permission alert message is executed by the browser and there is no way to disable it. It is for the security of the visitor since the browser is trying to retrieve his location.

However, the automatic locator should happens only once in 24 hours. If the location was found, it will be saved via cookies and the plugin will retrieve the data from there.

If you still want to disable the automatic auto-locator you can do so in GEO my WP’s settings page. You don’t need to disable the plugin.

2)

My second question is, and this would be a game changer if it does, Can you display posts on your homepage in order of nearby locations? At the moment, the most recent post displays at the top descending down to the oldest.

You can definitely do so using GEO my WP search forms. You can create a new form, using GEO my WP forms builder, and use the “Page load results” tab. You need to set it up to display all locations and check the “User’s current location based results” checkbox. Then on page load, if the user’s current location is found in cookies, the plugin will display all location based on the distance from the user. You can choose to display or hide the search form that allows the visitor to also search for posts based on address, distance and so on.

I hope that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you need additional help with the above, please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nearby location on mobile device’ is closed to new replies.