Tagged: autocomplete bug
This topic contains 36 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Lance 9 months, 4 weeks ago.
June 30, 2016 at 5:45 am #53003
Jobs Geolocation addon is not working. I believe I have it set up correctly but it is giving errors. I can’t import locations. I can’t create a new job and add in a location. Nothing works right now.Private Content HiddenJune 30, 2016 at 7:06 am #53007
Google as of June 22, 2016 requires an API key. Your plugin that I just purchased no longer works. Can you provide me with a fix or with a refund?June 30, 2016 at 7:14 pm #53014
I uploaded a new version of the plugin ( v1.7.7 ).
The new version comes with a new text input box to enter your Google API key. You can find the input box in the admin dashboard -> Job Listings -> Settings -> Geo General Settings tab.
You need to create Google Maps API key, if you haven’t done so already.
Please update you plugin and give it a try.
let me know if it works.
Thanks,July 1, 2016 at 8:26 am #53028
Thank you. It seems to be somewhat working now. But there are still some issues. The “Google address autocomplete” does not work. It doesn’t work on the Front end for anyone searching the jobs, nor does it work in the back end where you would add in a job. This functionality is important to me. Not sure if it is something that needs to be fixed, or is something not set right inthe settings. I am pretty sure I have it set properly in the settings, but maybe you could take a look for me and tell me what the problem is.
Also I cannot run the importer for the jobs as that doesn’t work either, but it really doesn’t matter as all the jobs in there now are just dummy jobs, I just wanted to let you know as others may have the same issues. I also have the units set to “miles”, yet it is still showing the option to choose, not sure if it is supposed to still let you choose, doesn’t effect the performance of the plugin though, again just letting you know.July 3, 2016 at 6:49 pm #53049
1) The address autocomplete issue might have to do with the API key. What type of API key did you create for the project?
2) You should import locations only after the initial installation of the Jobs Geolocation add-on. The importer should import locations saved in custom fields into Jobs Geolocation database. After the installation of the add-on, when creating/ updating a job the location should be automatically saved in the add-ons database. Now, if there are no locations to import then jobs most likely don’t have the geolocation data saved in custom fields. If geolocation data exists in custom fields you can verify by going to the “Edit job” page of the admin and look for custom fields will geolocation data ( geolocation_city, geolocation_state and so on ).July 4, 2016 at 8:38 am #53051
Not sure if it’s related but I too cannot get auto complete to work on the Search form
I’ve generated an API key for Google Maps and Geocoding.
Running WordPress 4.5.2 and WP Job Manager Add-on – Geo Location 1.7.7
Anything else I can check ?
ThanksPrivate Content HiddenJuly 5, 2016 at 3:58 am #53054
1. I followed your directions for generating the API, followed your links. So Is there something special I need to do that you did not tell us about? Please if you could give me some direction. This is the most important part of this plugin for me, I need it to work. Just tell me how to get it working correctly.
2. The importer does not work. I am guessing this all has something to do with the same problem.
I really need to get this working, I believe something is not working correctly with the plugin, unless you can tell me otherwise. Thank you.July 6, 2016 at 3:26 am #53065
Can you please help me here?July 6, 2016 at 6:26 pm #53073
hello?July 6, 2016 at 6:33 pm #53075
1) What type of API key did you create, Server Key or Browser Key?
The importer does not work. I am guessing this all has something to do with the same problem.
I already replied to this here. The importer does nothing but to copy the geolocation data from the jobs custom fields into Jobs Geolocation database table. It has nothing to do with the API key. and if it says that there are no location to import that means that either the locations already exists in the database table or that the Geolocation data is not found in the custom fields.July 6, 2016 at 6:35 pm #53076
please look at the private content. The google login is there as well as the wordpress login. You can login and check it all because I don’t believe anything is wrong, yet you don’t have detailed setup instructions, so I do not know exactly. I have tried multiple things in the Maps API, nothing works.Private Content HiddenJuly 6, 2016 at 6:46 pm #53078
The steps for creating the API key can be found here ( steps 1 to 6 ). You can create a new API key and make sure that you choose the “Browser key” when you do so.
And looking at your site above I can see all markers on the map. That means that all location currently in database and there is nothing else to import.July 6, 2016 at 6:47 pm #53079
Yes that is what I didJuly 6, 2016 at 6:50 pm #53080
It does not work, forget about the importer. I don’t care about that. The “Google address autocomplete” does NOT work. Why won’t you just help me?July 6, 2016 at 6:55 pm #53081
Lance, I am trying to help you.
I am trying to understand why the autocomplete does not work on your site.
The topic ‘Nothing is working with this plugin for me’ is closed to new replies.