Forum: Geo Job Manager

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Geo Job Manager premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Nothing is working with this plugin for me

Home Forums Geo Job Manager Nothing is working with this plugin for me

This topic contains 36 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lance 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Lance
    Participant

I gave you login info for both google and for my site. Will you please look and tell my what is wrong? I have tried enabling multiple api’s under the Google Map API’s. Nothing works. It is a browser API. There are other things not working with your plugin, but lets get one thing done at a time. I need you to confirm that everything is set properly. If it set properly then we can guess that it is in your plugin and nothing to do with the API.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

I already logged in to your site a few times but I can’t login to your Google account. There are verification steps that needs to be done in order for me to login.

I have just replaced your API key with one of my test API keys and the autocomplete works fine ( see here ). So I can only assume that you did’t create your API properly.

Lance
    Participant

I don’t understand. I have created a Browser API for google Maps. I don’t know what else needs to be done. I followed google’s steps to a T, I need some more information here. Which google maps API’s should be enabled? PLEASE HELP? You have nothing except for googles directions which I followed, and I have followed before many other times for other plugins on other sites and I have never had an issue.

I am not sure why you cannot log into this google account as it is my client’s google account, not mine and I never have had an issue logging into this account which is not mine.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Please follow the steps below and see the attached images to create a new API key:

1) Create a new key ( click here ) or navigate to your API Manager console if you already have an existing API key. ( Image 1 ).

2) Click on “Create Credentials” then from the drop down menu click “API Key” ( image 2 ).

3) Click “Browser key” ( image 3 ).

4) enter a name for the key in the “Name” input box and the address of your site ( theaeclink.com/* ) in the input box below. Then click “Create” ( image 4 ).

5) Take the new key and enter it in the settings page in your site.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Lance
    Participant

What API keys should be enabled?

Lance
    Participant

it doesn’t work! I did exactly what you said, and followed your directions. What’s the deal?

Lance
    Participant

It’s 1:30AM and I have spent the past 10 hours trying everything possible. Do you want to give me some more info maybe so I can get this completed? I would call your phone but its too late and my son is sleeping. I really need this issue resolved. YOu are giving me partial directions.

Lance
    Participant

It’s 1:30AM and I have spent the past 10 hours trying everything possible. Do you want to give me some more info maybe so I can get this completed? I would call your phone but its too late and my son is sleeping. I really need this issue resolved. YOu are giving me partial directions.

Lance
    Participant

I have already reached out to you through facebook hoping you would chat with me, but I am getting no response from you.

Lance
    Participant

What API keys should be enabled?

Lance
    Participant

?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

I do apologize for the troubles but creating the API key as is simple as I showed you in the screenshots. And Google came up with the API key system only 2 weeks ago. So this is new to me as well and I am probably missing something.

lets try another thing:

1) Go to the API Manager console page and click the “Overview” tab ( image 1 ).

2) On the right column click and enable this list of API services ( image 2 ):

Google Maps Directions API
    Google Maps Geocoding API
    Google Maps JavaScript API
    Google Places API Web Service

3) Test the autocomplete again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lance
    Participant

There we go! That is what I needed. Now that you have all of that you may want to compile it for other users. I didn’t activate the Google+ API, I activated all of the Maps & places API’s. It works!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

So now If you can look into how I can get rid of the Locator Button… It doesn’t work for me and I just get an error when I try and click it. I don’t need it, so getting rid of it would be fine. I unchecked the box for it but it still shows up.

I am going to bed, but if it is something you can look into for me that would be great. It’s not a rush, but I would like it removed or for the feature to work, whichever is easier.

Thank you again!

Tim Lloyd
    Participant

Adding the Places web services API fixed autocomplete for me too. This should definitely be in your set up instructions.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Nothing is working with this plugin for me’ is closed to new replies.