Forum: Gravity Geolocation

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Gravity Geolocation premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Pin by double click?

Home Forums Gravity Geolocation Pin by double click?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mick
    Participant

Hi Guys, I just purchased your Geo Fields for Gravity Forms plugin. I would need a functionality but after reading the doc and testing it for an hour, I couldn’t solve it – I may just miss something in the doc?

So what I would need is when someone is looking for a location on the google map by zooming and moving it, I would need them just simply double click on the chosen address and by doing this a pin would drop down. At the moment if I don’t grab the actual pin al the time, I cannot move it by double clicking somewhere else, because the “hand grabbing tool” stays there…

In short: is there an option to choose location (drop a pin down) by simply double click on the map?

Thank you!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Marou and thank you for the purchase.

At the moment the plugin supports only drag & drop for the map marker. However, I can look into the option of double click on the map.

I can look into that later today and see if I can provide you with a temporary solution ( possibly by editing a core file ). But I am not sure yet, I will need to see what it will take to accomplish.

Mick
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

Thank you for your quick reply, would be awesome to have an option as continuously dragging the pin is not really convenient… If you can look into it, I would really appreciate it…

Thank you 🙂
    Marou

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

You are welcome.
    It does make sense. Many time I find myself get annoyed when trying to drag the marker a long distance on the map. How come I haven’t thought about this solution?!?

I hope it is an easy solution, if so I will definitely add it to the plugin.

I will update you later about that.

Thanks,

Mick
    Participant

Hi Eyal,

As I am setting up the form, I just came across with another question. Am I seeing right that there is no option to be enable conditional logic for the ‘map’ field?

Thank you!

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Marou,
    Follow the steps below to add a marker drag effect with a click on the map:

1) Open the file gravity form-geolocation/assets/js/gfg.js and copy the entire script.

2) Open the file gravity form-geolocation/assets/js/gfg.min.js and replace the existing script with the script you copied above.

3) copy paste the script below:

ABOVE this part of the script ( at the bottom of the file ):

4) Add this line of code

BELOW the line

Save the file and test it.

Let me know if that helps.

Note, that the script work with a single click on the map and not double click. double click is already used for zoom in the map. Trying to use the double click for something else might cause issues.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

As I am setting up the form, I just came across with another question. Am I seeing right that there is no option to be enable conditional logic for the ‘map’ field?

That is true. I don’t see how it could be easily done since the map is dynamically updated using JavaScript.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish that you need conditional logic for the map field?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

HI Marou,
    Just checking if the solution above worked for you.

Thanks,

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you wish to reply to this topic please change its status to “Not resolved”  before replying.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.