GEO my WP Support

Use this forum for technical support and general questions related to GEO my WP plugin and its core add-ons only. For technical support and general questions related to any of the premium extensions please open a new premium support ticket.

[Not resolved]Remove Location activity from BuddyPress Stream

Home Forums Support Remove Location activity from BuddyPress Stream

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bingo2000
    Participant

Can I use this snippet to remove the adding location activity from buddypress stream?
    What is the slug for the activity?

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I am not sure if the script will work for what you need.

If you don’t need/want the location activity update at all, in GEO my WP 3.0 there is a hook that you can use to disable it. That it will not be recorded at all.

GEO my WP 3.0 is in beta and you can ready about it here ( beta 1 ) and here ( beta 2 ). You can download the latest beta version from here.

If thats what you need and decide to update to v3.0. Let me know once you done and I will show you which hook to use to disable the activity.

Atearia
    Participant

Hello Eyal,

Thanks so much for your plugin and attention to these support questions.

I’ve just installed GEO my WP 3.0 beta 7 along with a reinstall of the Xprofile Fields premium add-on (1-5-beta4), which I’m using with the WP Sweetdate theme.

I’d now like to remove the location activity from member’s activity log. Could you tell me what hook to target and how to go about disabling this?

Many thanks,
    S

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Dear @fitoussi,

I hope I find you well. I would also like to disable the location showing up in the activity stream. Could you provide us with the code that works with the latest update?

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi all,
    Sorry for losing track on this ticket.

Try this script:

Let me know if this helps.

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Dear @fitoussi,

I’ve finally gotten around to check your code and it works partially. As long as users determine their location via the dedicated location tab, it filters the activity.

However, whenever I disable the location tab and use your xProfile sync addon and thus the Buddypress fields, or when I register a new user with location data, it still shows up in the activity stream.

If this scenario could also be addressed, I’d appreciate it!

Kind regards, Philip

Philip Strothmann
    Participant

Dear @fitoussi,

could you be so kind and look into the issue outlined above?

Kind regards, Philip

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

Please use this script, in addition to the script mentioned above:

Since you are using a premium extension, please use this support page to submit a ticket using your license key in the future on order to receive support in a more timely matter.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.