Forum: Nearby Posts

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Nearby Posts premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]Resize Map Full Screen

Home Forums Nearby Posts Resize Map Full Screen

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eyal Fitoussi 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dugsnpubs
    Participant

hi,

I am using the gmw_nearby_locations shortcode on a page (Nearby locations add on) and I would like my map to be full screen – when I click the “resize map” arrows (see image attachment) it covers the full screen which is perfect and how i want it but I’m unsure how I get the map to do this by default and always cover the page full screen.

I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dugsnpubs
    Participant

Also when i try and use the height and width settings within the shortcode and set them both to 100% only the width seems to work. The height at 100% makes the whole map dissapear. It only seems to work at the default 250px

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hello Dugsnpubs and thank you for the purchase.

1) add the script below to the functions.php file of your theme to have the nearby Locations map expand to full screen by default:

2)

When i try and use the height and width settings within the shortcode and set them both to 100% only the width seems to work

Setting both height and width of the map by percentage can be tricky. You will need to add additional CSS styling to the map and /or the map wrapper in order to get the map displaying properly. You will probably ( but I am not sure ) need to add a “position: relative” to the element that holds the map to get it working.

Let me know if the above helps.

dugsnpubs
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

dugsnpubs
    Participant

Will the Premium Settings add on resolve my issue?

I can see that text_only is an option for some shortcodes

Thanks

dugsnpubs
    Participant

Hi

I modified the below line

$output['title'] = "<tr><td><div class=\"title wppl-info-window-permalink\">{$post->post_title}</div></td></tr>";

in gmw-pt-search-query-class.php and I got the desired effect I was looking for ( I removed the a href)

however this will be overridden in the next update. Is there something I can do in the child theme?

Thanks

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

Hi,

however this will be overridden in the next update. Is there something I can do in the child theme?

Yes, since you made the change directly on the plugin’s file, the change will be gone after the next update.

However, there is a filter that you can use to modify that line of code using a custom function that you can place in the functions.php file of your child theme. If you know PHP and how to use filters you should be able to use the filter:

The filter can be found at the same file where you made the change in line 441.

I hope that helps.

Eyal Fitoussi
    Keymaster

This topic marked “Resolved” due to inactivity. If you need additional help with the above, please open a new support ticket.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Resize Map Full Screen’ is closed to new replies.